uuuggghhhhhhh....only you guys would understand....

Susan S.
on 4/20/11 6:49 am - Roselle, NJ
 7 baby carrot sticks and an iced latte = afternoon of misery.    I have trouble with carrots if they're not cooked.....but I had this beautiful humus so I thought....just a few and chewed really carefully (I years out!!!!).....and they were fine when I ate them (while driving)......but two hours later....two hours!!!! I had an iced latte....and I could just feel the little carrot bits piling up over my stoma.....making a roadblock.   Had to drive home (terrified I"d throw up on my gorgeous dress! and hoping I would throw up all the same)....made it into the kitchen where with one heave and a lot of foamies - it was over.   Didn't even bring them up......the heave just shifted things I guess.......ugh!   At least the dress is ok......: )    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

ga_ginger_10
on 4/20/11 7:05 am - Atlanta, GA
Sorry you are not feeling well....carrots don't bother me...however, what was in the the ice latte?  I can not drink any coffee beverages from Starbucks...for some reason it is to strong for my stomach and I will be doubled over in pain....also, if something is high fat or sugar I dump....could it have been the latte? 

Hope you feel better soon.

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

Susan S.
on 4/20/11 7:11 am - Roselle, NJ
 Thanks Ginger.....I'm fine now! LOL.....no...I drin****d lattes (sugar free syrup and skim milk) a few times a week....it was absolutely the density of the carrots.    I've had trouble before.......so I tend to make big pots of soup and add carrots to that.......I've had a two bad episodes in the last two weeks - the other was a bit of granola - guess I'm not paying attention to chewing carefully enough.....and it's always a reminder that my plumbing alteration still works!!!!   It's a rare event thank God.....and it does bring back the early days of refridgerator roulette......glad that's behind me........just ugh.......Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Dionysus
on 4/20/11 7:25 am
katsparks
on 4/20/11 8:24 am - Auburn, CA
I can totally relate to the "hoping I would throw up all the same". Some days something just does not work for me. Throwing up is the only solution!

Glad you are feeling better.

SW:270         GW: 125         CW:104(and still losing)
New Goal Weight: Whereever my body feels most comfortable and stops losing.

Abdominoplasty with Dr. Scott Green: 10/11/11
siberiancat
on 4/20/11 8:41 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I can't do raw carrots, celery, radishes - any of the denser veggies when they are raw.  I don't like to cook veggies (other than lightly steam) because it destroys the enzymes in them.

I use cucumber slices and yellow, orange or red peppers to dip hummus.

I feel for you - I've been there and those carrots - now matter how much I chew - hang around and make me sick.

Glad you are over it.  I would have to do a day of liquids because vomiting makes my pouch really grouch for a day or so.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

clsino
on 4/20/11 8:43 am
Chicken sometimes does that to me.  I have to be very careful how it is cooked.  I can usually handle it if it is cooked in the crockpot but other than that it has a tendancy to get stuck.  I really don't know why I bother.....horrible feeling, but I am glad your dress made it!!!

Christy

justjudy
on 4/20/11 8:59 am - Canton, MI
Carrots and some other raw veggies can do that to me as well.  And I sure know what you mean about wanting to throw up, and about a heave shifting things just enough to make life tolerable again, without anything actually coming up. 

Sounds like we all have some things in common -glad you survived!

Judy

Kelly-RN
on 4/20/11 9:13 am - TN
refridgerator roulette...now I have a term for what I am doing when I look into the fridge...
Hope you are feeling better.. I love your posts..they make me think.

Glad the dress is ok too..

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/21/11 3:59 am, edited 4/21/11 4:01 am
I can understand. Raw carrots are not my friend. Like you I had to give them up. Or else.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active