Bi Polar and medication

bbwvixen
on 4/20/11 12:49 am - Surrey, Canada
If you have bipolar, which medication are you taking after surgery?

Lisa_Toronto
on 4/20/11 4:01 am - Toronto, Canada
took these pre- and post-surgery:  lithium and lamotrigine

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
mandajolyn
on 4/20/11 7:19 am - Tallahassee, FL
I was able to take the same medications post op that I took pre op. I was on Seroquel, Tegratol, Prozac, and klonopin and had no issues with them after surgery. The only psych med I had issues with post op was Trazadone, for some reason 10 minutes after taking it I felt dizzy, lightheaded and not right soi was taken off of it. Everyone reacts to meds differently post op so my experience may ot be the same as someone else's. The meds were more effective post op and it takes less dosage to work.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Amy R.
on 4/20/11 7:23 am
Cymbalta, Abilify and Serax =)
jenysez1
on 4/20/11 9:10 am - LA
Before I was on Trazadone, Effexor ER, Seroquel, and Xanax.  I still haven't had my surgery yet but they had to get me off of the extended release Effexor, so they changed my whole concoction....now I am on Prozac, respiradone, and Valium...so far so good.  I was able to tolerate the liquid resiradone, but the Prozac and Valium YUCK one tastes like the snapps Hot Damn and the other like black licorice.  My stomach would burn so bad, so now I'm crushing the pills. 

Jenny
Most Active