Weekends - The Good, Bad and Ugly

ididabadbadthing
on 4/17/11 6:01 am - TN
This is my first weekend in trying to get back on track.  The first week has been tough, but what is it about the weekend?    Just the words seem to mean party time, relax, eat what you want and to hell with eating clean.  

So just the words are laying down the gauntlet.

I had eaten great Saturday and went to the gym as well.  Then the dreaded nighttime voice**** You know the head hunger voices.  You are hungry, you are hungry, eat it, eat it, eat it.  You want popcorn, you know you do, oh don't forget the last of the triple chocolate ice cream.  I got the pop corn popper out 3 times and put it back.  Where did hubby hide those Jr. Mints.  

I ended up eating my Greek yogurt, with SF strawberry syrup, fresh strawberries and muesli.  It was satisfying in many ways.  Taste, filling and the best was the feeling I shut up those voices.  

Whew, one week down ....  Now I remember why we fall off the wagon, this is such hard work  

Ladytazz
on 4/17/11 6:33 am
Remember this for the next time you are tempted to eat something that you know you don't want to eat.
I usually have a protein shake before bed.  I find that helps me with my night time cravings and holds me over until the morning.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Binda
on 4/17/11 8:19 am - CA
Yup, protein shakes - and get creative with em!

Eggface has a list of 50 things to do besides eat. I make jewelry to keep my mind and hands busy. I have spent many a night blogging here on OH - just spewing all the emotions that have popped out since surgery. I'm in recovery so some nights are spent with friends and in meetings. Texting people helps too.

Too hell with eating clean? To hell with going back to hell. $25,000.00 - $30,000.00 surgery + 5 weeks of severe pain after surgery and all this work later and I'm scared to touch sugar.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - if my head is REALLY out to get me I'll eat a protein bar. I'll make a protein cake or a protein shake. I'll play with the recipes and tweak it til I get something that's about 50 calories per pc and just hang on. I'm only 3 months out and it's still a daily struggle. I wish you the best

Binda

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

mollypitcher08
on 4/17/11 9:22 am
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! C'MON !Remember the song "ring around the rosie? well we all fall down now& then -you are doing it again (or yet) is it easy? nope. but we like hearing that you are defeating that old wily devil!! Keep it up! You are doing great -the protein shakes at nighy are good ideas,  Also buy a kitchen timer and set it for 5 minutes & wait  five minutes between each bite of food before you go on to the next bite.  It is hard to do but you find out you fill up pretty fast!
Hang in ther & enjoy your posts!  Mary
Most Active