It is VERY VERY VERY hard to stretch out your pouch

Dobeigh
on 1/7/14 4:40 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 02/26/13

OMG me too! I've been binging for like 2 weeks. I was down to 190 (107 pound weight loss) but I started birth control 2 weeks ago and I've been eating like crazy and I've gained 7 freaking pounds in the past 2 weeks! This has GOT TO STOP! I'm just going to focus on eating high protein foods. Hopefully that helps. I usually eat whatever I want and I've successfully lost weight the whole time. I've never had to diet. I think I'm going to have to start dieting to get down to my goal weight though. 

lipstickalliance
on 8/13/13 4:57 pm - CA

omg lilly you dont know how much you just helped me, was on such a good roll i am 6 years post and was great but through my 2 pregnancies i was able to eat stuff i couldnt before ans after i just kept it up i am falling into a depression, i have gained back about 50 lbs and i am thinking i have ruined everything i worked so hard for , i literally almost died twice due to complications i had tons of complications i was one of the few, and i dont want it to be all for nothing so you honestly think i can pick it back up again you think my tool is still good? i was doing soda, and eating more than i should too ugh ! 

Thank u so much you gave me hope again :)

Angie

Fieldsy
on 1/9/14 9:14 pm

I hate to bump an old thread, but I am wondering about this....please see this post I made

I used to be a regular on this forum back in 2004-2006 (forget my user name even so I made a new one) and I battled the insurance company/doctors for maybe a year to have my open gastric bypass operation. I will try to keep this as short as possible.

I had my surgery on 5-18-2005. I really thought I was well prepared, but working in a pizza shop, I used to eat until I threw up. This was almost an every day habit. I went from 423lbs to 320lbs. For the first couple months is when I lost the bulk of the weight. It was then after I was allowed solid foods is where I slipped up big time.

It seemed like each week I felt like I stretched my stomach out (from eating til I threw up) that I could eat more and more. To this day I can almost eat like I was pre-op....almost. This led me back to gaining weight. I went from 320lbs to about 350lbs. One day I was crying and depressed, basically hit rock bottom. I felt sorry for myself and that is when I got tired of doing that. I started slowly but surely working out/eating healthy.

I went from 350lbs to 189lbs. I then had to take time away from the gym to have all of my skin ops, male chest, neck, arms, TT. I was out of working out for almost a year, so I fell out of a groove. I gained some weight, back up to 220lbs. Now I am at 205lbs and I am overall happy, but I know this ride never ends.

Now, to my question.......Any other Gastric Bypass patient who I have talked to acts very shocked when they see me eating. I can eat an entire hoagie (sub), or something like 3 slices of pizza. I do these things on my cheat day. The only thing I have to watch is for stuff like dried meats (gotta chew more) and ice cream/candy/milkshakes.....dumping.

I want to know if anyone else out there went through something I did. I'm almost happy I messed everything up in the beginning, because I feel like I learned so much about moderation. I'd love to hear others who went through this.

kaymae
on 10/17/14 9:57 pm - TN
VSG on 03/19/12

Hi I know this is a very old post but I googled what I feel is the the same issues you were experiencing all these years ago carbonated drinks junk food what I now consider large portions etc. I am 2 years post op and I've gained 30 pounds back and I am devastated and really scared. I saw the test u had to check ur pouch and it was fine. I will be doing the same I didn't know that this procedure could be done after the surgery. Then again I have been to my doctor in quite some time because I don't have any insurance. But I wanted you to know that this post really settled my spirit. To know I'm not alone in my struggles is a nice feeling and to know I can get back on track is a relief. Thank you. 

Sheila2016
on 3/23/16 9:09 pm

I'm going through the same thing. Got to where I needed to be then started the exact same thing you did except the babies. Lol. But thanks to you I think I will try to get back on track and lose the 50 lbs I gained back. 

B. Cessna
on 2/25/17 7:52 am - Gettysburg, PA

Thank you so much for this post! I am 9 years post op rny & need to lose some weight too, good to know that my pouch isn't ruined! Good luck in your journey!

*Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are*

cajunlady1958
on 2/24/18 5:38 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I'm two years out and lost 100 pounds but I've gained back 25 I'm afraid I've screwed everything up.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

patrick M.
on 12/19/10 3:54 am - San Bernardino, CA
Thanks!
Most Active