New Jersey-ite looking for help

WWWFFAN
on 3/8/17 8:56 am

A few years ago I had band surgery, and was very successful. Now I think my band has outlived its usefulness, and I am looking into getting a gastric sleeve.

Can anyone recommend a good Sleeve Doctor, in NJ? I am doing my research, but would like to "talk" to those who have had "personal" experience.

Thank you in advance.

heidikat72
on 3/8/17 9:54 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

Where in NJ are you? If you are close to Philadelphia area and wouldn't mind going into Philly for your surgery, I can highly recommend Penn Medicine. The operate through several hospitals in the area including Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Penn Presbyterian Hospital. The main office is in the Perelman Center about a block away from HUP. In fact, there is a support group meeting there at 10am on saturday morning (I'll be attending) in the waiting room on the 4th floor of the Perelman Center. And they offer multiple informational sessions monthly.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/for-patients-and-visitors/find- a-program-or-service/bariatric-surgery

High Weight at Consultation December 8, 2015 - 442lbs

VSG Surgery Weight June 17, 2016 - 364lbs

WWWFFAN
on 3/8/17 10:20 am

Dear Heidikat72,

While I am in Northern NJ, I would be willing to travel as long as the Doctor is good; reputable and successful.

Thank you for the information!! I appreciate you taking time out of you busy day to answer.

Tom

JoeyJo
on 3/8/17 12:09 pm - NJ

I highly recommend Dr. Binenbaum and Dr. Borao at Monmouth Medical Center. Their whole team is great!

WWWFFAN
on 3/8/17 12:20 pm

Dear JoeyJo,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to answer.

I appreciate he recommendation. I will be looking into it.

Anita
on 3/8/17 2:45 pm

I am a band to sleeve revision (June 2016) and had my surgery with Dr. Stefanie Viamakos in Teaneck, NJ. I'm very happy with her and her office. Surgery was done at Hackensack Hospital Medical Center and she also practices out of Holy Name Hospital in Teaneck, NJ.

If you have any questions about them, please be sure to ask me and I'll be more than happy to answer.

Revising from band to sleeve was one of the best decisions I've ever made!!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

WWWFFAN
on 3/8/17 3:43 pm

Dear Anita,

I appreciate your time in answering my question.

And I should warn you - be careful what you say because I may take you up on your offer :D.

THANKS!!

Tom

Anita
on 3/8/17 7:26 pm

LOL Tom......as a single parent, I raised three children to adulthood.....you can't scare me!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

WWWFFAN
on 3/9/17 5:31 am

If you say so ... If you say so ...

Knitter215
on 3/9/17 5:19 am
VSG on 08/23/16

I second the mention of Penn Medicine. Dr. Wernsing at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philly (part of the Penn Medicine system) did my surgery in August. The team is great, the hospital stay was very pleasant and I love the fact that I can email or call my NUT/RD anytime with questions as well as the Nurse Practitioner who works with Dr. Wernsing.

Look into what facilities are on the approved list for your carrier - that may be a bigger part of your decision than you think.

Good luck.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views