VSG incisions

ssmedlin
on 4/26/16 10:49 am
VSG on 04/15/16 with

OMG does anybody else have a huge issue with itching near their incision sites. All of a sudden they became crazy itchy and I couldn't do much to stop the itch. Benedryl wasn't even working. I finally got some benedryl cream to lather them in twice a day, and that seems to be working. I still have the occassional itch but not as bad. I spoke to the nurse and she said it was a sign of healing, so I guess that's a good thing. Any others out there experiencing this?

emelar
on 4/26/16 12:54 pm - TX

You could be having an allergic reaction to either the steristrips or the internal dissolvable stitches.  Benedryl didn't help me with that, but Claritin did.

kyzze
on 4/26/16 1:31 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Yes I had that same problem but like the nurse said it means you are healing so its a good thing. It doesn't last long.

Kyzze

Neesie57
on 4/26/16 1:34 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My itching was caused by the steri-strips that covered the incisions, so I pulled them off early.  One of the incisions had already developed a rash, so that one took longer to heal.  Benadryl cream and I developed a close relationship.

Makes me dread my future plastic surgery.  Don't know how I'll get through that without some reaction to the tape.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Darcy G.
on 4/26/16 4:01 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I had this too. I scratched around the incision sites enough that I made my own little rash. One of the residents I always saw before the surgeon said it was a sign of healing too. But OMG very itchy.

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Sandra F.
on 4/27/16 5:54 am

I had my surgery in October 2014 and I still itch at my incisions so I guess I am the abnormal one.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views