Birthday cake icing NSV & waiting on Christmas

csbsteph
on 11/13/14 8:10 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Yesterday was my daughters birthday.  She's my one & only as I had several complications during and after her birth and was unable to have anymore children so she's truly a gift.  I've also had a few NSV's...I baked her a huge cake for a family party that we had last weekend & didn't run my finger through the icing or scrape the rest out of the containers; the old fat me used to just sit around on my fat butt & eat a whole icing container by myself...not in one night but sometimes just a couple.  We also bought my girl some cupcakes yesterday for her actual birthday & as I was handing one to my husband out of the box I got icing on my fingers to which he says "I see what you're doing there, you're not going to have any but you're gonna lick that icing" no I wasn't, not I didn't...so NSV.  I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas, but now that my daughter is in the teenage years she acts like she doesn't really care about the decorations or the tree or the reason...hopefully this is just the I'm too cool of a teen to care phase & it will pass.  The joy of Christmas has never left me.  When I was little my folks and grandparents always always made it so special so I try to do that as well for my family, but hey I'm just Christmas crazy too.  Along with my girls birthday gifts she came home to the decorated trees as well.  Hope everybody is doing great.  God Bless

Pic of my daughter this year at Halloween

Living room tree + kitchen tree

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Kim N.
on 11/13/14 10:16 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

First of all let me say your daughter is VERY pretty!  I love your trees.  When the DH and I got married he thought I was nuts because I wanted a small tree in the kitchen.  Now he wants to know when I'm going to decorate :)  I also put a small one in our bedroom....Can't have enough trees!  P.S.  My daughter is 39 now and does the exact same thing for her family......

BorderCollieMama

Luvmygs
on 11/14/14 12:17 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Your daughter is a beautiful blessing! Thank you for sharing your NSV. I hope you continue to be strong and continue to work your sleeve. My wish is to gain the same strength as you to be able to stay away from licking the frosting.   Christine

susan88
on 11/14/14 12:51 am
VSG on 08/08/14 with

I loved your NSV.  Yesterday was my youngest son's 10 year birthday and he wanted Costco pumkin pie! (Yea .. easy and inexpensive) and  I did not even have a taste!  I love my sleeve.  By the time you fill up on dinner there is no room for desert.  It is so fun now serving everyone dessert and not even being tempted.

Your daughter is gorgeous and I am sure she appreciates your beautiful decorations.  You will know in 10 years when she is asking for advice or asking if you can share some ornaments.  I was shocked when my 23 year old son asked for Christmas lights for Christmas.  He always said "why bother with all the fuss...!".

My NSV is that I didn't mind having my picture taken.   I have so few pictures with my kids because I was so embarrassed how I look.  Have a new iphone and loving the camera again. 

Enjoy your holidays. Blessings to you and your family.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/14/14 3:22 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

What a great NSV! Your daughter looks very pretty! It's a phase. I remember being a kid my mother would play the same Christmas album every time we'd open presents & I was so tired of hearing that album, Dad also was tired of it, but we'd pretend & went along with it anyway cuz she loved it & I'd roll my eyes. Yet as an adult I'd hear that same song in my head every Christmas day. Mom still here, but Dad passed away, it's a memory that I still treasure,. & she will treasure these moments too, although she doesn't know it yet!

I also used to lick icing from a jar, used to eat icing off a cake & sometimes throw the cake away, so glad those days are behind me now! Learning to love my sleeve!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 67 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views