5days post up and back in hospital :(

LovingEsme00
on 8/2/14 12:37 am

I had my surgery on 7/28 and yesterday nite I was admitted again for extreme gas pains. It was the most pain I've ever felt in my life. I felt that my insides were going to explode. I wasn't able to drink my fluids because of the pain, every 3-5 min the pain would hit me hard. I called my doctor in the morning and she said to stop taking my pain meds cause that caused more constipation so I did but after having pain all day, I was weak, I couldn't drink my fluids, I was nauseous. I couldn't take it anymore. After 2 suppositories I finally was able to FART!! And poop 2x and the cramping has gone away. I feel a million times better. Now if I need to fart I just do! There's no cramping or me having to squirm in pain I just fart like normal. My incisions are looking great and the actual sleeve is good also. Now I can't wait to be discharged and try this whole thing again. I know this wasn't going to be easy but I hope that it's all worth it in the end. Thx everyone for your support. 

~Esme

~Esme

VSG on 7/28/14!

Age: 34 5'5" HW: 304, SW: 284, CW: 247 (10/13/14) GW: 165

M1: 22, M2:8, M3:?

wyo_sarah
on 8/2/14 1:14 am

I had surgery on the 29th. I still haven't pooped and it is starting to worry me...

Honestandhealthy
on 8/2/14 1:31 am - Canada

Me too. I had my surgery on the 29th too and no bm. Moderate amount of gas. Seems like acid pain after swallowing but I think it is moe likely I am full and that is my cue to stop eating. I am getting a bit wondering about getting enough water in when it seems to take me so long to get my "meals" (full fluids) down and then trying to leave 1/2 an hour on either side. 

I think I haven't been walking enough so today I am going to put a real move on and hope it helps me have a bm and helps me sleep. 

wyo_sarah
on 8/2/14 2:36 am

I'm doing clear liquids for a week so I haven't taken a drinking break between "meals". I've just been sipping water all day with an occasional bite or 2 of jello or I'll sip some protein drink instead. I don't think I've been getting enough water but it seems like all I do is drink. I'm trying to walk quite a bit. Good luck! 

ToFreeSkinnyMe
on 8/2/14 2:47 am
VSG on 07/28/14

I would check with your surgeon but I don't have to wait to drink durring the liquid phase. It's all liquid so I constantly drink. 

Dreamingofbeaches
on 8/2/14 2:50 am
with

You should check with your doctor, but I was told I didn't have to wait to drink while on full fluids. Waiting to drink relates to when you are eating foods and the dense protein has closed your pyloric valve and you don't want to throw liquid in there on top of the food. It doesn't apply when you are only having other fluids for your meals. Good luck with your journey!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

Gwen M.
on 8/2/14 2:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

When I was on liquids, I took a dose of miralax every day.  Now I just add a dose to my morning shake if I don't poop in the morning.  

You should ask your doc!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 8/2/14 2:30 am
VSG on 03/13/14

So glad you have relief!  I add miralax to my morning shake every morning I don't have a bowel movement.  Staying regular is SO important to me and, as you've found, it's hard to deal with once it goes too far.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ToFreeSkinnyMe
on 8/2/14 2:42 am
VSG on 07/28/14

I also had surgery on the 28th. My surgeon told me that after all the weeks of liquid, a bm wasn't as important as gas. He said as long as I'm passing gas, everything else will follow. I can see that no solid food = no solid bm. Glad your better. I struggle with drinking. I finally set an alarm on my phone. I put 4-6oz in a glass and give myself an hour to drink it. Seems to be working. I also got half a protein drink down this morning. Cold works better for me. I was putting my protein drinks in the freezer and eating with a spoon. My husband went and bought me an ice cream maker! Can't wait to try it.  Good luck! We'll be on the losers bench in no time!

Dixiewidow
on 8/2/14 3:17 am - Divide, CO

Walking, drinking, resting.  That is my JOB this week. Even if I only walk for 10 minutes at a time, I am moving. I have diarrhea after almost every "meal" and will start probiotics at 1 week post op to restart the good bacteria in my guts. Until then, sip, rest, walk, fart, repeat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 107 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views