Almost 3 years out, still struggle with regain & the scale gives me the evil eye!!!

sleevemama
on 7/11/14 7:55 am
VSG on 04/30/13

I appreciate your posts because I always keep in mind what you said when I started this process. You said enjoy the honeymoon period because regain can happen and it is hard to take off the further you get, so don't wait until you have gained 20 lbs. (Not verbatim, but you always shared your experience and words of wisdom). You don't believe it until you get into maintenance and it happens to us. In the early phase of maintenance it is so easy to gain a couple of lbs. and then drop them in a couple of days. I went on vacation 2 weeks ago and gained 4 lbs. and it is taking me so much longer to drop them!  But because of posts like yours I am not letting the 4 lbs. turn into 10 or more. I thank you for that and know your gonna get the regain off, and you do look great! Keep warning and encouraging people it definitely helps.

HW:266 SW:229 GW:140 CW:140  Maintenance 11/6/13

Shagdoll
on 7/11/14 4:08 pm

You know, I rarely initiate posts anymore I OH. I remember being on such a high when I was in the losing phase and getting closer to goal. Now I like to lurk on OH and post on other people's posts occasionally if I can help. I feel it difficult for me to give advice when I have not practiced it entirely myself.  I do know what works and what does not. Part of it has just been my own stubbornness and another part is that it really just as difficult for a former food addict like myself. But again like I say, we just have to keep on working out it if we really wanted that bad. Even going through difficult times that are very stressful and I do feel like I can contribute part of my weight gain I still feel that most of us can get over that and do what we have to do to keep ourselves healthy.

I look at my children and my husband and realize that they are the reason why I continue to fight. I love family more than life itself and that is enough of a reason for me to keep fighting to be healthy and happy for myself and to be the best mom and wife I can be.

I think you've done an amazing job. Thank you for replying to my post!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

slimpickins5280
on 7/11/14 10:18 am - CO

Hugs my adorable friend. You and I are working on the same thing. Regain. Sucks, but as long as we learn lessons from all of this ****we are the ultimate winners. At least we aren't blowing smoke up our own asses with every ******g stupid ass excuse there is. 

We gained it. We lose it. Then we try NOT to repeat. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Shagdoll
on 7/11/14 4:35 pm

OMG does everyone on OH need to know how much I adore you???

edelu better recognize, because I'm in the process of snatching you up!!!!  ;-)

yeah, as much as I love dreamy Eyed ponies and big bright rainbows who the **** am I kidding!

OMG I seem to be in a fit of giggles right now. I don't know why every time I read any of your post it just brings a smile to my face. My daughter isn't even with me right now yet I can picture me sitting here watching "My little pony" with her.  I guess I should be happy that I can still recite the theme song and do a little dance with her at the beginning of every cartoon!  Laaaawwwwd... I think it's time for bed soon.  Luv ya slim!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

edelu
on 7/12/14 10:48 am - los angeles, CA

Hey careful.   I will cut you.

Shagdoll
on 7/14/14 1:57 am

O.M.G ... yes.you.will.  LOL

Wait ... where have you been!?!?!?!?  Slim and I have missed you like ... all kinds of crazy!!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

frisco
on 7/11/14 10:24 am

I'm a total Jenn Jenn fan !!!

Things change and it gets harder with new challenges as time goes on.

Yes, the life that we worked for can become an obstacle.... life happens and gets in the way...

It has become very hard to read these boards of late, seems like every time I log on I see certain noobs just pepper the board with all the answers, telling someone like yourself or myself what we need to do.... I'm like....really, what googled online textbook did that come from, oh that's right 1968 Diet 101.

My point is that it really is a unique situation that we face several years out. It can really seem like being in the middle of a lake in a row boat with only one paddle.

The combination between the mind **** and reality can be very hard to face.... just wait till these noobs find out they may gain weight at 1200 calories or how really easy it is to ingest 2500 calories in a small amount of food...... or they find out that sleeve size and eventual capacity does matter....

Don't take a gazillion years !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Shagdoll
on 7/11/14 4:57 pm

But it's gonna take a gazillion years... Ooooook, maybe just 1/2 a gazillion????  ;)

It is scary what we see sometimes on this board but I have seen some shine with flying colors.  I've also struggled early on & thrived later.  I feel like I'm on a teeter todder ... I'm still trying to find my way.

I'll get there ... One day.  

Jenn  

WWBD?  

trinoc
on 7/11/14 7:35 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

It's the struggles of the vets that keeps it real for us noobs...and don't think that some of us don't know that for sure!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Kelly Jean
on 7/11/14 10:36 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Shagdoll , I love reading you posts your so right to the point and real!! It gives me so much in site to the future and how much more us newbies need to take advantage of the first year!!!! Thank you so much for your honesty!!! And if anyone can do this you can!!!! Your pics are so beautiful!!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views