I am 2-3 weeks post op, may have ate to much full liquid soup.. help

Dunitun
on 7/11/14 4:58 am

Today I switched from clear liquids to full liquids and my question is, when I was on clear liquids everything just went straight through me and I never noticed feeling anything. Today I had a lunch of a small amount of thicker soup and I felt every bite, but I still could feel full or anything. Does thick liquids go through you like clear liquids or is thick liquids more like eating solid foods?

The reason I asked this is because I think that I ate a little to much and now im scared ive hurt something. I think I ultimate at 5-6oz of a full soup (strained of pieces). Although nothing hurts and I feel completely fine. Should I be worried? It is very difficult not being able to feel full. Even though I ate to much I never got foamies or sick in any way.

Do you think it's possible I stretched my sleeve already in that one meal? I hope not 

My scale is on the way! lol

thank you for your time!

emelar
on 7/11/14 5:14 am - TX

You're not going to stretch anything with liquids.  It'll either go down or come back up.  But slow yourself down while eating/drinking, because having anything come back up is most unpleasant!

Dunitun
on 7/11/14 6:19 am

Ok thank you for answering. It was a pretty thick cream soup but nothing came up at all. I don't ever wanna experience that!

im doing really well with everything so I was worried

TexasTerritory
on 7/11/14 7:21 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Measure your food. I am one year out and I still measure my intake. I consume 2-3 ounces at a meal. Works for me.

Chanale
on 7/11/14 2:13 pm
VSG on 07/28/14 with

2-3 ounces both liquid and solid??? Seems such a small amount of liquid.  I am new to all this... Surgery on 28th this month & I'm very confused about my post op life.

NurseJackie
on 7/11/14 9:40 am
VSG on 07/10/14

I am post op day 2 and already on full liquids per my Doc.  I can only have a max of 8 oz an hour.  So you should be fine!

VSG on July 10th, 2014

mollz007
on 7/11/14 12:50 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

You will be okay, it would be very hard to stretch your sleeve out on full liquids. As for your question, yes liquids, even full liquids, will go through you faster than the solids and won't keep you full as long, which is why sometimes when you move to solids you will feel like you can eat less, and doctors will reccomend that you try to get as much of your protein from solid foods as possible (most people on here still have at least a shake a day though.) So yes, you will be able to "eat" a bit more, but measuring is still a good idea. Your nerves are still healing so you won't be able to feel full for awhile. When I was on full liquids/pureeds I was able to eat a 5 oz thing of greek yogurt and I was also freaked out about that. Don't worry, you haven't hurt yourself, just take it slow and make good use of that food scale when it comes! (mine was a life saver) Good luck!

check out my blog!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views