PreOp frustration!

VSG_VET
on 5/6/14 5:35 am

PLEASE PRAY THAT I DON'T NEED TREATMENT FOR ANXIETY AND/OR DEPRESSION BEFORE THIS PROCESS IS OVER. My local VA(bham,al) finally sent my consult to the surgery team in SC as I have met all criteria and had all my labs. I lost the 5% (11lbs) I needed last month so they proceeded. Well I call SC this morning to do my own follow up and found out that they had canceled my referral because my last weigh in was 4lbs higher and I had NOT met the criteria and I needed to lose 11.5 l...bs from my highest weight. I lost it! I pointed out that nothing in the written regulation says anything about maintaining, it only says lose it. She eventually looked back and saw that I had in fact met the criteria. I have no problem with trying to get it down even 10 more lbs but lets get this initial visit that I have to travel 6 hours for, out of the way. The lady I spoke with says that she agreed and would meet with the rest of the team to try and move forward. BUT DAYUM!!!! Oh and the person that canceled the consult and didn't call me went to Italy for the next two weeks!  Starting Wt. 232  Met Required-221  Thursday-224  Today-222

chicaletta
on 5/6/14 5:39 am
VSG on 04/24/14

I wish for you that they see you have indeed met the criteria and it's time to move onto the next phase. Good luck!

Lisa J.
on 5/6/14 7:20 am - OK

To be honest, I've been on anti-d's for over 10 years now and I would NOT go off them for all the tea in China. I like myself better; less stuff to stress over and I handle things a little less-crazy.

Having said that, don't expect all the people in the clinic offices to give a rip about where you are in your process and how that might affect you!! You did the right thing and fought it out, made your point, and you'll move forward. A little anxiety and depression during this time is probably very likely for a lot of people but many people may not recognize it. Plus we throw in all the hormonal dumping on top of things and it would be very easy to turn into another person--BUT DON'T! This too, shall pass.

If you're on track, you'll continue to lose up to your surgery day. As you'll see here the scale mocks you about every day, and it's very frustrating. We all have about a 3lb variance from day to day and there's nothing you can about it.

Just keep your chin up, a positive outlook, keep on the insurance and surgeon's asses about this and make sure nobody else drops the ball--very few of them care!! Document everything and everyone you talk to. Document your own weight from here out til surgery on a piece of paper if you want. Everyone varies from day to day.

You're gonna do great!

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
VSG_VET
on 5/6/14 8:00 am

You guys are the best. I just found an early morning walking buddy so onward I go. Giving up is certainly not an option and certainly not over 4lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views