I Got Sleeved

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/14 2:32 pm

Congratulations on coming through your surgery. I know you were worried.

I had a bit of trouble with acid post surgery, too. It took a couple of weeks for it to all settle down, but it did. Some people still produce enough acid for a normal sized stomach and it seems to take a while for the PPI to really kick in. I have read about this issue a number of times over the past 2+ years. I hope the Mylanta and mint tea help.

I was able to get my water in, but it was a FULL time job. I had to work at it and sometimes I really hated doing it, but I did it.

Good luck adjusting to your new life! Looking forward to hearing all about your progress.

joshcoop
on 4/25/14 12:15 am - Blaine, MN
VSG on 04/22/14

Yea, I have been drinking non-stop!! I switch between regular water, diluted apple juice (yum!) and herbal decaf peppermint tea. 

My tummy is not doing any different since trying the Mylanta. It's really annoying. If I didn't have that constant rumbling and gnawing feeling, I don't even think I'd know that I had anything done.....so I guess I can't complain too much! Sounds like you had the same thing as what I currently have. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond and it does make me feel better to know that others have had the same thing I am experiencing as well :)