February 2014 sleevers check in!

mollz007
on 3/28/14 12:47 pm, edited 3/28/14 12:52 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Just curious how we all are doing. When was surgery? Any complications? How are things going now? What stage of the diet are you on? What foods are you loving right now/any intolerance? Any struggles, nsvs, etc. You'd like to share?

I'll go once a few ppl have answered!

Ok, it just occurred to me that kb made pretty much the same post. Which I answered. Sorry, I have a cold and I am all drugged up. I am not responsible for my actions.

check out my blog!

mrseveland
on 3/29/14 6:08 am

Sleeved on 2/4/14 at 242lbs (down from 304 at highest), today I'm 213!  At 1 week out I had an emergency surgery to deal with a bile duct leak from having my GB out at the same time as my sleeve. I can tolerate all foods I've tried except bread, which I know I shouldn't have tried this early. I have no problems getting my protein in, but my daily water goal is still a challenge. I had a 3-wk stall in weight loss, but I'm back on track this week with a sudden whopping 8lbs loss.  I haven't tried raw veggies yet, but everything else is a GO!  

I had started back at the gym - low impact elliptical, treadmill and bike. However I only worked out 4 times before I slipped a disk at work lifting something I shouldn't have. I've been out for a week flat on my back (8lb loss this week was TOTALLY unexpected!), and I go back to work on Monday. 

I'm also interested in hearing about other February experiences!

MrsEveland

Highest weight: 304     Surgery weight: 242     Goal weight: 140

lamchop13
on 3/29/14 1:39 pm

My surgery was on 2/5/14. I was lucky enough to not have any complications from surgery but was not so lucky with my health a few weeks out from surgery when I was in the hospital for lithium toxicity. It took me a few weeks to completely recover from that mess and seem ok now. I have lost around 37lbs since surgery and currently weight 228. For the last week I have been stalled however and am not really losing any weight which is kinda depressing for me. It doesn't help that I seem to be obsessed with the scale and weigh myself multiple times a day as if I expect there to be a drastic change. I work out everyday and have increased my walking to 3 miles a day when the weather isn't terrible. I am trying to build myself up to my doctors goal of 4 miles with each mile being done in 12-15 mins. I manage about a mile in 20 mins now. I am eating normally, 3 meals a day and 1 snack and sometimes coming up a little short on my water intake. I do have trouble reaching my protein intake without drinking a protein shake however. This would be much easier if I could use the powdered shake mix with 8 oz of fluid once a day without getting nauseated. However I am not so luck and have to drink Ensure which is 14oz, higher in calories, and 5 grams lower in protein. What can you do though?? I do my best to push through it all though battling depression. Everyone I have come across seems to be so happy they had their surgery and would do it again. Myself however, I can't seem to be happy about it no matter how hard I try. I just hope as time passes that it gets better and I start to feel the same way.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views