Dumping Syndrome

claimmaster
on 2/3/14 10:23 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Yup, it happened to me last night.  I had finished my dinner.  Didn't even eat it all as I was feeling quite satisfied.  About an hour later I had this overwhelming desire for something sweet.  Well, the only sweet thing I had in the house was some agave syrup, so I mixed some with some soy milk and drank it.  Within a half hour I was vomiting, sweating and shaking.  Within an hour I was in the bathroom with the worst diarrhea I've ever had.  I was sick for hours.

My only wish is that I remember this incident vividly.  I threw the rest of the agave syrup away.  If I need a sweetener for a recipe, I will use dates.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

SarahI
on 2/4/14 12:44 am - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

I ate some skittles yesterday, which is the first time i tried to eat any candy. and i get home and i got extremely sick feeling with cold sweats and shakey feeling.  i thought it was from not eating at all.  But then i remembered the skittles and realized i was having what they call the dumping syndrome and so i drank some water and then proceded to get sick for the next hour.  Lets just say that will be my last time trying candy.  Even though i am not a candy person, they did look good and i wanted to try the new sour apple flavor.  Well its not worth the misery.  I will just eat a granny smith apple thank you very much!!!!

SARAH

claimmaster
on 2/4/14 12:57 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Yeah, sweets are my crack, so I think just avoiding all of them altogether is the best thing I could do for myself.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views