Wedding after VSG

MAchick
on 1/13/14 1:09 am
VSG on 01/27/14
So my surgery date is January 27th and I am getting married in October. I'm starting to worry because I'm sure my body will be changing drastically throughout those nine months leading up to the big day. I'm supposed to go dress shopping some months in advance, but how do I do that when I may lose another fifty pounds by the wedding? Any tips or suggestions to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated!
danixbanani
on 1/13/14 1:11 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

You can wait to order you wedding gown...a friend of mine is getting married in June and she JUST bought her wedding gown this past weekend so that's about 5 months when you think about it.  She went to David's Bridal and they said they will have the dress in by March.  If you think you can wait, then I would.  Otherwise, you can always order a size down...most dress shops will advise against that but you will most definitely lose the weight so that's what I would do.  congrats!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Nikke2003
on 1/13/14 1:13 am, edited 1/13/14 1:14 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I would speak to someone at the store where you plan to get the dress and ask them what the latest possible date is that they can order. While you're having that conversation, explain the situation to them and ask also how much can be done as far as alterations go. I'm sure they are no strangers to woman trying to lose weight before a wedding - sure, your situation will be a bit more aggressive of weight loss; however, if they are any good at their jobs (and practice good customer service) they will guide you in your decisions!

Congrats on the wedding!! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

MAchick
on 1/13/14 1:26 am
VSG on 01/27/14
Thanks for the help! Also, I Was just cracking up at your husband's phone call LOL.
rengirl1978
on 1/13/14 1:15 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Congrats! How exciting! I hope it works out for you! (Sorry I do not have advice, as I am single!)

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

Bloodshotbetty
on 1/13/14 1:18 am - minneapolis, MN

Purchase one that has a corset/lace up the back.  This will help it fit!  Keep in mind as well that when you are smaller it is much easier to buy "off the rack" and you may have an easier time finding one at the last minute.

-Alycia-

MAchick
on 1/13/14 1:22 am
VSG on 01/27/14
That is very true. I might also check out thrift and vintage stores too since I'll be smaller. I am a thrifty woman.
MAchick
on 1/13/14 1:21 am
VSG on 01/27/14
Great suggestions, thank you! I'm a bit clueless with wedding planning and it's been on the backburner because I just graduated from school on Thursday. My friends and family recently started asking what I'm going to do with dress shopping, and i realized it might be an issue! Yes, i think i will definitely talk to the salespeople, and ordering down a size from the time i order sounds like it might be a good idea. I hate this wedding planning stuff! I just want to do the crafty parts.
Bloodshotbetty
on 1/13/14 1:32 am - minneapolis, MN

I hated the dress part, too.  Especially since I am NOT the long white gown type of gal.  I did it to appease my mom.  Rocked it in my purple hair and tattooed glory, of course!

Anyways- if you are in to vintage fashion, check out--

www.pinupgirlclothing.com  and www.whirlingturban.com  They would be more likely to be able to ship one last minute.  Some of the whirling turban dresses have elastic backs, which means they can fit you at a variety of sizes.  I LOVED mine.  www.bettiepageclothing.com  may have some, as well.  But the quality is CRAP (I worked there, I know).  I got my reception dress there and it worked well enough for the time I wore it.  

-Alycia-

MAchick
on 1/13/14 1:44 am
VSG on 01/27/14
Yes I am familiar with PUG, love their dresses! Thanks for the suggestions. You look beautiful in your picture, purple is my favorite color :-)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views