Never realized how bad my addiction was/is

danixbanani
on 1/6/14 11:23 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

to CARBS!  This week, I have been trying to go ultra low carb and log every damn thing that goes in my mouth (because carbs hide EVERYWHERE).  Yesterday was only Monday and I did okay.  The hardest part was when I got home from work.  Lately, when I get home from work, I have a snack.  Mostly because my husband gets home later and I like to make dinner so it's ready when he comes home but that usually means I'm not eating until 1-1.5 hours after I get home.  I've decided to change that, hubby can reheat his food if he so chooses.

Anyway, I didn't realize how bad my carb addiction was/is.  During the day I'm fine because I'm occupied at work but when I get home, I want to raid the refrigerator or cabinets and crunch on something.  I resisted the urge but damn it was strong.  I struggled through cooking dinner because I had immense head hunger, I did have a reduced fat cheese stick before cooking but I really wanted the pita chips and tortilla chips lurking in my cabinets.  My husband loves pita chips and hummus and he's fit/healthy enough where he can imbibe in them.  I found myself opening that cabinet and reaching for them, but I resisted.  And I'm really proud that I did.

Carb-wise, I did very well with not eating them at breakfast or dinner (only in the middle of the day if needed) and none of my carbs were white/refined sugary carbs.  Most of it came from veggies and what not, that's a plus in my book.  Today my carbs are gonna be a bit high because I'm having a gardenburger for dinner but again, those aren't necessarily "bad" carbs.  I'm trying to cut out the crap like pita chips and even though I'm only one day in, I feel successful already.  It was hard last night and believe me, I wanted to be balls deep into a loaf of bread but I didn't do it.  One day at a time, my friends!  One day at a time :)

Next step is gonna be to increase my protein.  I'm thinking I need to go back to shakes but I really hate them but my protein is pretty low and I know that upping it will help my weight loss.  Yesterday I came in around 63grams and today is gonna be even less :\  Any protein tips and tricks are welcome!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

rengirl1978
on 1/6/14 11:27 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

"Balls deep in a loaf of bread" hahaha! I love it! Good for you for staying strong. One day at a time, you're doing great!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

danixbanani
on 1/6/14 11:29 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

lol I said this to a friend last night and she started crying she was laughing so hard.

Keith L.
on 1/6/14 11:27 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Crunch on Raw or Roasted Almonds. Crunchy, good fat, protein.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

danixbanani
on 1/6/14 11:30 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Yes, I'm thinking I need to incorporate more nuts into my diet.  I'll get on that asap!

Nikke2003
on 1/7/14 12:59 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Are you going to go balls deep on nuts?

HAHAHAHA :O)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

danixbanani
on 1/7/14 2:26 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

touche, Nikke!! lolol

Tracy D.
on 1/6/14 11:35 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Dani - I'm a big carb addict too!   Sunday I ate a small piece of french bread...and of course I couldn't stop with just one :-(   And that night I had DREAMS about sugar (even though I didn't eat any sugar).  That's a sure sign for me that I've done too many refined carbs.  My danger zone is when I come home from work too.   It's tough to wait that extra 1-2 hours until it's time for everyone to sit down and eat dinner. 

Decarbing sucks but by Day 3 it's usually a whole lot better - hang in there! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/14 11:39 pm - Canada

I'm curious, why a garden burger instead of beef or chicken?  Right there you could save carbs and add protein.  I'm a meat lover so I would never choose a ground up veggie patty over beef.  Plus I think they shoot you in Alberta if you eat that stuff! lol

danixbanani
on 1/7/14 12:09 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I know it may not be best protein-wise but sometimes I'm looking for a healthy, quick option for dinner in the freezer section.  I don't like chicken patties except for TJ's chili lime burgers and I try not to eat too much beef in one week.   I eat so much chicken that I do veggie burgers for the variety.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views