looking for help

nursebren
on 1/6/14 3:59 pm

Hey my sleever friends. I had my sleeve done in 2007 and for about the last year i have been slowly going back to my old ways. I need help to get back on track. Are there any sleevers who have had surgery around same time as me. my diet is just shot to hell. anyone with info for me will be greatly appreciated. 

Ihearttennis
on 1/6/14 10:53 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

My only advice would be to go back to basics. Under 800 cal a day, 100 grams of protein, under 40 carbs and drink plenty of water. It's hard to de carb again but that's probably where I'd start. I'm only nine months out so I don't have a lot of experience yet. Good luck to you. You've lost the weight once, I know you can do it again. Keep us posted. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Jackie T.
on 1/6/14 11:59 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

You might want to check out the Failed weight loss forum.  There are many people there that have put back on the weight and/or are putting the weight back on.  You do need to go back to basics but you may not be able to go as far down as someone that has just had surgery.  Going back to basics is good but some of the habits is where you should probably start.  Log everything that goes into your mouth.  Don't drink 30 minutes before/after you eat.  Eat your protein first.  Cut your carbs back.  Without knowing how many calories, carbs, protein, fluids you are getting each day it is hard to give your advice on where to start.  If you are eating 2000 calories per day and 300 carbs per day then I would start slowly cutting back each wee****il you can get to a healthy amount where you can still function.  You probably still have the restriction you once had but you need to get back to where you can feel it again.  Decarbing is what you probably need to do but it will not be easy but it will get you to a point where you can start over again.  Some would advocate cold turkey but you will have to do what works for you so that you can be successful.  Shoot for at least 80 grams of protein per day no matter how many calories, carbs you are eating and get your water intake up.

You might go over to the Maintenance board and see how many calories, carbs, protein people are eating on that board and that would be what you should start aiming for.

Good Luck!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views