New Year's Goals (for me)!

danixbanani
on 1/1/14 11:31 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

It has been many years since I've made New Year's resolutions...mostly because I would always disappoint myself and never stick to them.  Like so many people on here, they were almost always all weight loss related.  This year I've decided to make New Year's GOALS and I am determined to make them happen...if they don't, I won't be majorly upset but I will try my damnedest. 

I have been like a lump this holiday season.  I haven't been to the gym in a month, I can make a million excuses why but it doesn't matter.  After my post about which gym to go to, I'm still unsure.  I'm really leaning more toward kickboxing because it really does work the best for me but it is tempting to go with NYSC since it is SO close to my home.  I'm just afraid I'm not going to like it and never go.  I promised my husband I would give it a try with the one week trial...he really wants to "train" me .  I just find it boring to do free weights and ellipticals and blah blah.  NYSC does have classes but I just feel like kickboxing is the best for me.  I just don't know what to do cool I think I'm gonna end up with three gym memberships LOL

I've also been eating like absolute garbage crap.  I forgot to weigh myself this morning but I'm almost positive I have gained close to 10lbs.  I want to lose 20-30lbs and that is my #1 goal.  I need to get back to an eating plan, cook more, track my food, drink my water, etc etc.  I've also just felt swollen and bloated and miserable because of eating all the crap.  It wasn't even the holidays, I ate more like a beast on regular 'ol workdays.  I want to get back to feeling GOOD and that means cutting all the garbage out.  I told my husband I am no longer cooking carbs/starches at dinner time.  He's weight training so he wants healthy carbs like sweet potato and brown rice but I told him then it's on him to make them at dinner time.  I don't want to eat carbs at dinner anymore at all.  i want to keep my carbs to 20g or less.  But damn they are in EVERYTHING lol

I've been letting so much junk into my diet, I'm ashamed to admit it.  I've eaten more potato chips in the last month than I did in the past YEAR.  WTF?  I knew it was wrong and bad and I did it anyway.  I'm human and I'm ready to get back in the saddle.  I know I've said it before but I am 100% ready and committed now.

This has been a bit of a New Year's ramble but I'm ready to be a new Danielle in the year 2014.  I have a new job and it's time to make some other significant changes.  Here's my list of goals:

1. lose 20-30 lbs by getting back on plan

2. pick a gym and workout 3-4 days a week to start

3. learn how to drive (seriously, I'm 28 and I don't even have a permit lol)

4. eliminate carbs from my diet (20g or less)

5. put myself first instead of always putting everyone else before me

6. not let people get the best of me

7. maybe, just maybe, have a baby indecision I know this is counterintuitive to losing weight but I'd really like to be a mommy this year lol

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Patricia2013
on 1/1/14 11:40 pm - Atlanta, GA

Danielle, Happy New You! Good for you for realizing your short comings.  No one is perfect and our journeys are a long road to self discovery. You are starting off 2014 on the right foot. Keep your goals in a visible place where you can see them everyday to remind you of the direction you want to go. Good luck to you.

5'3 SW 218 M1: -22 M2: -12 M3: -12 M4: -12 M5: -10 M6: -8 M7: -12

Tracy D.
on 1/2/14 2:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Good for you for the willingness to be accountable to us.  And those sound like good goals to get you headed back in the right direction.  Will be excited to see if the baby thing works out for you! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

danixbanani
on 1/2/14 5:07 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Thank you :)))))

suitebliss
on 1/2/14 3:07 am - Southfield, MI
VSG on 03/01/12

Danielle,

I feel your pain.  Getting back on plan is the hard part for me, I too have those dreaded 30-40lbs to loose that are just a beast for me to get off.  Well, not really that hard it's just not as hard as the first 150lbs was to get off.  I guess this is where the real work comes in, I knew there would come a point where I would have to work harder but SHEEESH.  Anyway, we can do this!  One thing I have kept consistent are my workouts.  I've been working out consistently since May 4 days a week.  That's the one thing I refuse to stop doing because we all know how it is once we stop and I'm no exception, LOL!

If you feel as though kickboxing is the best for you, I say go for it!  At least you know what will keep you interested and that's the most important thing.  Your list of goals are similar to mine and I look forward to supporting each other as we get these last few pounds off

Happy New Year

Suitebliss

HW: 350 SW: 332 CW: 198 GW:  167
Pre-Op Loss: -7lbs M1: -23lbs (299) M2: -20 (279) M3: -8 (271) M4: -8 (263) M5: -13 (250) M6: -10 (240) M7: -7 (233) M8: -8 (225) M9: 10 (215) M11: (215) M12: 7 (208) M13:1 (207)M 14(205) M15 (203) M16 (201)

1st short term goal: 290 (done 4/16 @ 288). 2nd short term goal: 275 (done 5/20) 3rd short term goal: 250 (Aug 1) 4th short term goal: 220 (11/30) 5th short term goal 199 (wonderland) (November 2013) NEXT GOAL:  190lbs

Nikke2003
on 1/2/14 3:51 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, but I'm glad you're planning to get on the right track! Personally, I think you should pick a workout that is doable and sustainable for you. I can only speak from personal experience, but the only way that working out has been going well for me for the past two months is because I go to a gym that I like, and I don't put pressure on myself. Meaning... if I get there and I don't feel like lifting weights that day... then I don't do it. If I don't feel like working on the Couch 25k app that day, then I don't do it. BUT, I do go there and I do SOMETHING. If I'm forcing myself to do a workout that I don't like or spend a certain amount of time there for a certain amount of days per week, then I'm going to burn out or not want to go anymore. Anyway, I don't know if you're like me at all in that respect, but just thought I would share!

I can identify on the baby thing too, although honestly... I hate to say it but I feel like I"m going to be putting that off for awhile because I want to make plastic surgery a priority. That may seem selfish to some people, but screw it... I'm a hot mess under clothing!

I can't imagine not knowing how to drive, that's crazy! Then again, I can't imagine living in NYC either lol!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

danixbanani
on 1/2/14 5:07 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Nikke, what you say about working out makes total sense and that IS a better way of looking at it.  I read on another forum too why we all hate "working out"...because call it "WORKing out" instead of just "exercise" and we make it a chore.  Exercise doesn't have to be a 40 minute run on the elliptical.

While having a baby isn't my number 1 priority, it is in the back of my mind all the time.  I feel so ready even though I haven't achieved all my weight loss goals I AM in a much better position to procreate than I was a year ago.  Everyone has different priorities for their life and I would never ever judge you for wanting plastics first

Haha, oh when I meet people who are not from NYC or a metro area they just CANNOT believe I don't drive.  I honestly don't NEED to except maybe for work now.  My accounts are in TN and NJ...both are accessible by public transportation and cabs but that's a ***** and a half.  It would also be nice to not have to rely on other people for a ride to places or to just rent a car and go somewhere fun for the weekend with my hubby.  BTW, hubby doesn't drive either LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views