So EXCITED - Dietician Visit

BlessedMama
on 12/19/13 2:15 am

Good afternoon, all!!

I had my first consult with my surgeon's dietician today and it was so amazing!! She is great, and gave me really excellent information. After yesterday's post about the dietician saying that someone needed to eat 1200 calories post-op, I was a little freaked out!! Thankfully, she supports the no more than 1000 total calories after a year program, and told me up front that it will take me awhile to even work up to 500-600, and she is fine with that! She was really pleased that I was down 3 pounds from my initial weigh-in on 12/3, and told me that as long as I'm no less than 225 pounds when they submit me for insurance approval, I'll be fine. She also gave me all of the nutrition information for the liver-shrinking diet that will be my life 2 weeks prior to surgery, and a sample 1000 calorie diet to show what kinds of foods and the quantities I can expect for a year out or so. I had her tell me how many calories I should be eating now (2000) so that I can lose some weight prior to surgery, but not risk falling below a BMI of 35 (for insurance purposes).

She recommended that I get used to using MyFitnessPal, and I've downloaded it, but I don't know how to change my daily goal protein and carb amounts in it. I put in 2000 calories, and it's showing a daily goal of 67 fat grams, 100 protein grams, and 250 total carbs. All of that seems a little weird for what I've seen here. If anyone knows how I can change that, I'd love the info!

All in all, a really great visit, and just another step closer to surgery and the rest of my life as a smaller, more energetic, healthier me!

Thanks for listening to a newbie ramble for a bit!

Elyse HW - 285 CW - 285 GW - 140   37 YO, 5'7 -  Seminar-11/19, 1st surgeon visit-12/3

Follow my journey at http://140byforty.blogspot.com/.

Sandy M.
on 12/19/13 3:28 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Good for you!

On MyFitnessPal, go to Goals, and you should be able to enter the values you want there.  Good luck on your journey!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Bufflehead
on 12/19/13 5:02 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

You may need to use the web version to do it rather than the app. I've never figured it out on the app anyway! On the web version, go to My Home, then Goals, Change Goals, then select the Custom radio button and click the green Continue button. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views