1 wk post op, don't feel full

isign4u
on 12/16/13 3:28 am
What am I doing wrong? I don't feel this full sensation everyone else talks about. I'm one week post op and since day 3 I have been able to eat 2 to 3 oz of pureed meat without feeling full, sick, etc.... My post op diet is pureed protein (meat, fish and eggs) days 3 through 10 and I can have up to 3 ounces. No carbs what so ever... no beans, no yogurt, no dairy. I have mainly been stopping at 2 ounces because I'm terrified I'm already stretching the sleeve. Is something wrong? What am I doing wrong? I am drinking 64oz per day and waiting 90 mins after eating. I'm losing weight, no doubt, but why don't I have that feeling of "full." I feel like I could eat anything at this moment (I wouldn't), but I can't wrap my brain around this. Any thoughts?
"One mistake does not a day make"        
Imakitekat
on 12/16/13 3:42 am - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Hi!  Your may not feel full, you just had major surgery and your stomach is swollen.  Just eat only the amount your doctor has told you and measure your food.  Look for Friscos post on the pyloric valve.  It's great you can get all your water in!  Just keep getting in your water and measure what you eat.  It will take several weeks for your swelling to reduce and once it does I suspect that you will start to feel a " fullness".  Make sure to chew, chew, chew and eat slowly!  Best wishes!

Smiles:),

Lisa

Jackie T.
on 12/16/13 3:53 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

You may not feel the restriction until you are on dense protein and 4 - 6 weeks out.  Also if you don't ever eat to the point of feeling full then you may never feel that restriction and that would be a good thing.  I only feel full when I have pushed the limits and it because I did not measure my food or felt I needed to clean my plate.  Big mistake!  I know I have ate too much when I start sneezing and/or my nose starts running, then the hurting stomach starts but again that is after I have ate tooo much.  I am almost one year out and I measure almost everything because I can not visually measure how much I should be eating in one setting.  Sure there are something things that I can tell but it took me a while to get there.  I also measure because I don't want to eat too much, I am still trying to lose the last 11 lbs but I do not feel deprived by what I eat or by how much I eat.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/16/13 4:02 am
RNY on 08/05/19

During surgery, you've had a lot of nerves cut in your stomach, things are still sore and swollen. From what I've been told, you should just give it lots of time for everything to heal down there before you look for a feeling of fullness. 

I had my surgery Tuesday, I'm still liquids only, and I can hardly feel a thing down there! If I have too much water too fast, I don't feel full, but I can almost feel it hitting the top of my stomach, and that's the closest I get to feeling full; the doctor said that's normal for now.

Hope that helps!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 119 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 354 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views