Holiday NSV

SuzyNZ
on 8/4/13 9:42 am
VSG on 09/17/12
I'm current on holiday (that's vacation in American lingo) in LA and have spent the last two days walking around Disneyland and oh my god!!!.....I don't know how I used to do it with the extra 180lbs I have had on me every other time I have been there. I'm amazed I didn't die!...lol

I LOVED that I could wear jandals (flip flops) all day rather than having to wear big heavy, hot sneakers all day for the extra support my poor feet needed when I was big.

I LOVED that all the rides were more comfortable and that I did the rollercoaster twice (I did it once previously and hated it because I didn't feel like I fit securely into the seat, so was terrified the whole time)

I LOVED that I could wear a short sleeved t-shirt. Sure, I have some batwings going on, but I don't care.

I LOVED that in all those silly photos that they take on the rides, I look just like everyone else, rather than looking at the pictures going "oh god, look how fat I am compared to everybody"

Interestingly, I have found shopping interesting and a little overwhelming. I used to come over here and go straight to Lane Bryant and the plus size area in Macy's. I love both of those places as they were so different to what I could get in New Zealand and so much cheaper. Now, I have so much choice (I'm a US size 10/12) that its almost scary!...lol. Although I totally loved trying on a couple of things at Victorias Secret the other day and having to downsize from a Large to a Medium. The old me could never shop at VS!

The friends Im with keep paying for my meals as I order something, eat a little bit and then they finish off the rest. So they under-order for themselves as they know they will get most of mine too. Warren keeps joking that I only owe him $1.99 as that's all I ate!...lol.

I have 3lbs to go to get to my twice lowered goal and Im pretty sure I walked off at least half of it over the last couple of days

I have added a photo of us on the Tower Of Terror. I'm the normal looking one with sticking out collarbones in white on the left side of the the middle row....lol

http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/850752/Current-BA/Disneyland-August-3rd-2013/#photo

I've said it before, I will say it again.....VSG was, without a doubt, my best decision ever!!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

sonia29
on 8/4/13 9:55 am

You look like a Top Model!

Congrats!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

stephanieplum
on 8/4/13 9:59 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Way Cool!!!  Love the photos!  And, I totally understand about being overwhelmed with the shopping.  Way to many choices!  

Tracy D.
on 8/4/13 10:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13
What a great post! So glad you're having a great holiday and I bet your next post is about reaching GOAL

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

grayC
on 8/4/13 10:26 am
VSG on 05/01/13
Looking FANTASTIC Suzy!!

Vanessa_M
on 8/4/13 12:19 pm

Such a great NSV. You look great!!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Kimbaru
on 8/4/13 12:20 pm - WA

YAY!  You look great!

Kim

kodomezhow06
on 8/4/13 2:02 pm - KY

You look like a completely different women.  You look awesome and I bet you feel great. I'm sure the next post will be about "Goal".  I can't wait to read about it.  

Nicole_NZ
on 8/4/13 3:26 pm - New Zealand

Thats so awesome, go you :)

jenn227
on 8/4/13 11:32 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Wow, you look amazing!  What a fun and fabulous "holiday"!!  Congratulations!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 321 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views