Back From My Pre-Treatments/Birthday Trip and.........Pix, I Hope!.

Italian-Princess
on 7/28/13 9:42 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Buon Giorno Everyone!

My birthday trip to Las Vegas was everything I expected it to be and more!  Actually, today is my birthday, but I did the partying while away with friends.

I saw mother while in Las Vegas.  My "adopted daughter" drove me there and it was an interesting visit.  I have not seen my mother since before my surgery.  Keep in mind that I've lost upwards of 110 pounds since last time she saw me.  When I walked in the door, my mother said "I thought you had surgery to lose weight......didn't it work?"  Well, that was quintessential mother and I wasn't completely surprised.  However, later in the visit, she told me I should get some good facial skin cream because "since you lost all that weight, you've aged badly and look older than me" -- again, typical mother comment.  Guess what?  I really don't give a rat's patootie anymore!  I don't look 93 and I think I look fairly decent these days -- like a chubby "normie" -- so there, Mom!  LOL

The rest of the trip was amazing.  My sweet girl, Alison greeted me at the airport with flowers and a wonderful hug.  She's just the best!  Poor girl was in so much pain, but she was funny and sweet and cuddly and just darling.  Once she gets some help for her pain and I get this cancer crap out of the way, we're going back and paint that town HOT PINK!!!  Who is going to join us?  We're lookin' to party big time next trip, so join in the fun!!!

Two dear friends came in on Monday and it was a whirlwind party time until Friday afternoon.  If I could have eaten solid foods, I'm sure I would have gained 10 pounds!  Every time I turned around one of them was shoving ice cream at me.  But with all the walking and romping about, I ended up losing the few pounds I'd gained in an attempt to ward off the feeding tube!  I'm going to put a couple of rocks in my pocket tomorrow when I get weighed LOL

I've included a few pix -- two of Alison in her new" boob" dresses and one of me the day before I left on the trip.  Let me rephrase....I hope to include them LOL  Have a new computer and not sure how to make it work yet!  (I just tried to see the pix......I hope Alison doesn't kill me!)

Hugs and love,

Ree xoxox

5' 1.5" Tall.............69 years YOUNG!!!! Esophageal cancer survivor.

AmyB1012
on 7/28/13 9:45 am

aww your mom sounds mean!! Im so glad you had such a great time :) Congrats on the weight loss!

Italian-Princess
on 7/28/13 11:11 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thanks, Amy!  She's been that way since I can rememberr.........but that's okay -- I'm used to it now!!!

You're doing great!  Keep up the good job!

themexcellentone
on 7/28/13 9:50 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!  And you're right to just let those comments your mom said to roll off your back.  Why is it no matter what we do it isn't good enough for Mom??? :/

I love your attitude and spirit in the face of what you're about to go through with your cancer treatments.  You are truly awesome.

Good luck this week!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Italian-Princess
on 7/28/13 11:13 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thanks so much -- just because things go into the dumper some of the time, doesn't mean we can't have some fun!  We're all going to be our wonderful selves throughout this journey!  Nice to have such great folks to walk the road with!

themexcellentone
on 7/28/13 12:07 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I will be thinking of you and hoping for a great outcome!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

acbbrown
on 7/28/13 9:54 am - Granada Hills, CA

I just cant tell you how much I love you - you just melt my heart. If I had to spend any where in pain, it was much better spent with you :)

Im glad my boob pics showed up :-p  I will try and boot up my computer later because I need to add the pictures of both of us. I mean, this just makes me look like a Vegas hooker (that may or may not be true).   Im soooo glad I have at least one mother that approves of my skanky wear - my other mother was not soo thrilled. (she wouldnt let me go to the doctor in my running shorts because they were too short!!!)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Italian-Princess
on 7/28/13 11:10 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

OMG, I forgot that your mother sees this............OOPS :-/  But you look GOOD!  When ya got it, flaunt it!  You do not look like a Vegas hooker!  I won't tell if it's true or NOT NOT NOT folks!  Ahem!!!  Skanky wear -- now that's something I could sew for!  Let's start a new label........Skank Wear........for when you want to be your naughtiest! 

I need therapy!  LOL

acbbrown
on 7/28/13 11:50 am - Granada Hills, CA

She cant see OH or anything on MFP unless i post it but she saw the dresses while she was here 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

PrincessPR
on 7/28/13 10:14 am
VSG on 12/17/13

Isn't it "mom comments" that is keeping the psychotherapy industry going?? Just saying...  LOL!!! Kidding...  Good job!  Keep your head up and keep up the amazing work!  Congrats on your success! 

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views