Don't let people discourage you by saying surgery is the easy way out...

missthingg
on 7/12/13 7:03 am - memphis, TN
As I sit here with my "noodle" legs, I just wanted to send a bit of encouragement out to OH land...Don't let people discourage you from changing your life by making you feel that surgery is the easy way out. Surgery is a tool but it's definitely not the easy way out. I'm in the gym more than I was before surgery and my legs buckled at least 7 times today from the workout I had yesterday. There is nothing easy about this journey but I'm just so happy I decided to do this. I have support from my family and co-workers, but I didn't give an iota if they were against it. I made the decision before I told anyone. I gave them the courtesy of letting them know I will be changing my life. I was not ASKING for permission. It will not be all peaches and cream but in the end, I think it will be worth it...So live YOUR life in a way that YOU will be happy!!!
dmhe
on 7/12/13 7:33 am - TX
I agree 100%!!!

Denise F.
on 7/12/13 9:24 am - Memphis, TN
VSG on 05/23/13

I totally agree. I see you are from Memphis. I think we had our surgery around the same time. I'm looking for somebody to go to the gym with. If you're interested call me at 901-691-0390. 

Lauren Vento
on 7/12/13 10:02 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12

I laugh at people that think this is EASY...  There is NOTHING easy about my life, but that's what it is.  Its my life now, and I don't get a "cheat day."  But what I do get is to be HAPPY with myself for FINALLY doing something positive for myself and FINALLY reaching a goal!

This isn't easy, but it is so worth it that we make it LOOK easy!  ;)

Certified Life Coach & WLS Support Coach

Stephmom
on 7/12/13 10:29 am

Thanks Ladies for reminding me it's my life!

CToddRobbins
on 7/12/13 10:35 am - NC
VSG on 07/25/13 with

I totally agree with you!! This is by no means the  "easy" route! I waited until my surgery was actually scheduled before I let most of my family know. I still have only told a couple of friends about what I am doing. Like you, nothing was going to deter me from going forward with this. So in my mind, I did not want any negative comments or "why haven't you tried this diet" conversations. This was a decision I made with my wife and kids. I want to be able to be a healthy example and someone my kids look up to for everything. I am using this as a tool to get my life back on track and get healthy. Great post that everyone needs to read!!

Todd

Day 2 of liquid diet.

VSG scheduled on 07/25/2013

HW 327 lbs   SW 294 lbs Surgeon's GW 210     My GW 190

shrinking_sarah
on 7/12/13 1:03 pm - CA

Preach!  I tell people all the time, "If wls is the easy way, I'm doing it wrong!"

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views