Losing weight with weightloss surgery is a piece of cake...

Sandy M.
on 6/22/13 9:51 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Yeah, and open heart surgery is the easy way out to opening clogged arteries when a proper diet and exercise would have done the same thing.  I bet they don't say that now, do they?  Even though WLS is just as much a life-saving operation as several others!

I've got a couple of overweight friends who, although supportive of me, say they would never have WLS.  Why?  They still think they can lose the weight on their own.  Last time one of them said that to me, I said "how's that working for you?"  Both of these women are in their 50's, both have never really lost any significant amount of weight, and yet they judge.  Someday, I may have to attend their funerals.  Right after I run a 5k, shower, and slip into that little black dress in a size 6.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

JAlston
on 6/22/13 9:52 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

To that I reply...being fat is a piece of cake, being fat is easy! Much easier then being healthy, on plan, on track and motivated! However, now my body and mind and in sync so I am working on a much more level playing field...that's my advantage and I am using it. 

I started at 305 and am currently in a size 12, girl you got this...keep on plan and motivated you will get there! 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

missthingg
on 6/24/13 4:24 am - memphis, TN

Yes! Being fat is EASY. I can do that in my sleep. If it takes 3500 calories to gain 1 lb, then this weightloss part isn't adding up. lololol, I'm impatient, but I'm so excited. I know my day is coming. It's been 1 month, soon I'll be a year out thinking about how long it seemed. 

That little icon lifting weights and sweating, that's how I was on Saturday lolol...My daily mantra..."I'm going to get this weight off of me." 

akr9911
on 6/23/13 12:05 am
VSG on 06/20/13

I'm 3 days out and I have to tell ya, it's a lot of work already. And I'm not even working out yet. Good for you. You're just doing amazing. So proud of your accomplishments already! Definitely let's celebrate when the scale victory says you're in the 200s!!! Any day now!

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 12:09 am - VA

I feel ya.. I haven't had surgery yet. But the people that I have told are like why do you want to take such extreme measures.. just work out harder and control your diet more and you will get to your goal. REALLY.. it's been 13 years of dieting and I'm still not at my goal.. so how's that working out! ugh.. another one that is bothering me already is people are telling me that I am coping out or taking the easy way.. I say SCREW YOU.. it takes courage to talk to people as often as I have in the past few month about my weight, you have to be open to deal with the issues that I have since starting this process, and most of all it takes STRENGTH to do any of this, to put ALL of your personal business out in the open for the whole world to see and judge you on... you got it girl you will be in that size 12 before you know it!! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views