Oh no it's here

Beadle
on 5/27/13 10:12 am
VSG on 05/28/13 with

It is the night before surgery and I am getting a little nervous, ok a whole lot nervous.  I'm wondering if I am doing the right thing but then I think about how much I hate being the fat girl.  I guess I will just have to focus on the outcome and take  deep breaths.

Member Services
on 5/27/13 10:32 am - Irvine, CA

Think of all the reasons that have led you to this place....you are ready for a new beginning and change is always a little scary but you have made the choice for a healthier life and you are on your way!! CONGRATULATIONS!  We can't wait to hear from you post-op.

Kelly M.
on 5/27/13 10:46 am - NY

You'll do great - it's natural to be nervous.  Once you're on the losers bench, you'll be so happy you did it!! :)

SW: 360 / HW: 368 / CW: 215

I was sleeved 05/16/2013

My  blog...come take a peek:  Changed Gurl

Tirza T.
on 5/27/13 10:52 am
VSG on 01/17/12

I remember this feeling all too well and I made myself crazy trolling the OH boards, watching the surgery on Youtube etc.. I was so fearful, yet excited and nervous about the future. I can't remember if I even slept that night. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and wish you the best on your surgery. Try to get excited that not only will you stop being a "fat girl" but, you will regain health and a healthy life if you use your tool right, you will find new confidence and mobility and I can keep going on an on. I equate this surgery with childbirth....it was scary and it was painful, but as soon as you hold that baby it all goes away...I cannot even remember the pain. After this surgery you will be reborn and in a couple of months any pain and the pre-op struggles will have dissapeared from your mind. TAKE CARE and CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the losers bench.

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
VSGSteve
on 5/27/13 11:00 am - NJ
VSG on 04/17/13

You will do amazing and it will all go by very fast!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

patty_B
on 5/27/13 11:06 am

Tomorrow is my one week mark since my VSG, I'm still nervous ;)

Just take deep breathes in through your nose, out through your mouth and picture someplace you want to be able to visit without getting worn out before you see a fraction of it.

Write down the three main reasons you're having this surgery and take the with you.

Good luck!

Mom_2_4
on 5/27/13 11:30 am
VSG on 05/22/13

i had my surgery last Wed. and I'm still nervous that I won't be able to take full advantage of this tool I've been given.  As for the surgery itself.  It wasn't so bad.  It felt like someone was sitting on my stomach for the first 24 hours than it was like I did a killer workout.  Other than that it's been fine for me.   

I wish you a speedy, uneventful surgery and recovery.    

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

Shanda J.
on 5/27/13 12:26 pm - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

Everything will be just fine..I was really nervous I had my surgery in Mexico and everything went well. After you have your surgery it is really important for you to walk. It helped me out a lot!!!! I had hardly any gas pains.

I will be praying for you!

Have a safe surgery & a speedy recovery!!

HUGS :)

(HW) 326  (SW) 304  (GW) 165- 175  (CW) 238

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views