What a week!!! kinda OT

lowbrass03
on 4/8/13 2:05 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12

So i took off all of last week, I had scheduled LASIK eye surgery for Thursday and i wanted some days off. Sunday evening i started feeling a pain on my right side, and thought nothing of it, i had had a small piece of steak (hot off the grill!!! delicious). Since i was grilling for the fam, and was rushing i thought i had some mild gas pain, it was nothing major but uncomfortable. 

Now I am 11 months out, and not even the day of or the immediate days after my surgery did i have gas pains, I have not experience gas pains at all since my surgery. So i am not quite sure how they really feel. 
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday comes and the dull pain is still there. Another symptom was mild nausea with my first glass of water of the day, which is absolutely new to me, and extra belching.

then it hits me, its my gallbladder!! i started ****ting bricks. On wed afternoon i made an appt with my PCP, he agreed that it sounded like my gallbladder. I had a stat labs done and stat ultrasound of my gallbladder. He agrees that it could be my gallbladder but i was not having a full on gallbladder attack. Unfortunately the radiologist was gonna and did not interpret the ultrasound till the next day. which was the day of my laser eye surgery.

As we were driving the next day (Thursday) to the eye doc, i noticed the pain was less than what it was the day before. then i get a call from the eye doc that because of the storm the night before, one of their monitors was out and they had to reschedule  my appt for later that afternoon.  Not even a second after hanging up with the eye doc place, I get a call that during the night my grandma was rushed to the hospital and was now in ICU, she almost went septic because a UTI and pneumonia.  So needless to say i had to cancel my LASIK,  felt like it was meant to be that way. Spent  all weekend going back and forth taking fam to see G-Ma.  

Finally today at 8am i had my procedure and I can see!!!!!!!!  its amazing. well worth the wait and the money. But now i have to turn my attention to the gallbladder deal. All my stuff is being sent to my surgeon, and i will be seeing him for that.

Since i am not having a gallbladder attack, if it needs to be taken out, it will be scheduled surgery, which i would rather, my surgeon who did my sleeve to take care of that. he is soo neat. But if i get an attack, wich i pray i do not have, it will be emergency surgery at the hospital i work at. which is still great, (except for the GB attack part)... I like the first option better.  

Sorry its so long , needed to vent, at some points in that 4 day period i felt like screaming. But now the dust has settled and i can enjoy  my eyeballs lol 

Nancybefree
on 4/8/13 9:11 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

Stresssss!  Glad things have calmed down for you now.  Hope your gall bladder stays calm and that your grandmother is feeling better soon.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

MuttLover
on 4/8/13 10:24 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Whew!  Glad that everything seems to be working out, slowly but surely!  And congrats on your weight loss and the lasik!  

Take care!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views