Work travel- surgery next week!

Gingerbread1
on 4/10/13 1:04 am
VSG on 04/18/13

I've been lurking for a month or so, learning so much from each of you. Thank you for helping me to prepare myself for my rebirth! My surgery is next Thursday! I'm traveling in Asia this week- so many strange foods to cope with, trying to also stay off carbs, alcohol, fat, and carbonation. Quite a struggle when the only thing recognizable is coke!

i nervously brought a bag of protein powder into Singapore , thinking I would be stopped in customs! It was sealed and got in fine! Lol. I've been noticed by my colleagues about my pink protein drink I bring in every morning, which has been fine. I said its vitamins. The food catered has been Chinese, Indian and Singaporean. So much unfamiliar to me! Being at the same hotel and eating every meal together reminds me how much colleagues notice your food habits. I'm seeing theirs too- probably enhanced by their own responses to being totally outside their comfort zone here too.

They don't know about my plans for surgery. I'm eating very little myself and trying to ensure I'm staying on track- having lost 8.2 of the 11 lbs I need to for surgery. I've also brought quest bars, almonds too along with my shaker bottle. I'm ready for next week, but fear future work trips and how Much we all have to eat together. 

mickeymantle
on 4/10/13 1:13 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

worry about yourself don't worry about what they think about what you eat , its your life not theres

I would not plan on long trips for the first month after surgery, and if you need to fly more than an hour you will need to walk every hour for 5 minutes to stop blood clots from forming, you can tell the flight attendant  that you need to walk for medical reasons at the start of the flight  so the don't think its strange

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Gingerbread1
on 4/10/13 1:34 am
VSG on 04/18/13

You're so right, I need to get out of the habit of worrying about how others view me. I'm very happy about my choice. My manager is the only one who knows and he's been amazing about it. As has my parents and best friend, husband too. This is all for me! Surgeon doesn't allow flights within 1 mo. After surgery. I plan to take a week off work and no travel through May.

Ginger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views