4 Months on the Wait List, so far...

Mom22Monsters
on 4/12/13 12:53 pm - Lakewood, CO
VSG on 08/26/13
Today marks 4 months since I was approved for WLS and was put on the wait list. I've attended the mandatory group class per Kaiser and now I'm supposed to wait for the call to really get the process going and I am growing inpatient! I was told 6-8 months, praying for 6. Once I get the call then I have 6 weeks of classes, plus the pysch eval and preop testing.

In the meantime, I'm lurking on these boards, daily, your stories are so helpful and inspiring! I'm also starting to make little adjustments in preparation. I've cut out all soda, I'm working on eating slower and chewing more, plus becoming more aware of protein and carbs in everything I eat. I'm open to any other suggestions you sleevers may have for me in preparation for my surgery later in the year.
Gabby46
on 4/12/13 1:00 pm

Hope your process all goes smoothly. The time will go by faster than you think. :-)

Miss150
on 4/13/13 5:37 am
Sounds like the process has begun. My suggestion is, don't look at it as "this time in between dos not count- ". It all counts- every day of it, including today. Begin practicing as if- as if you we're a thin person. What would you do? Eat? Act? When I made the decision to persue WLS. I knew it would be 6-7 months before it happened IF it happened. I committed to exercise 60 min. 5 days a week and log everything I ate and practice being the kind of person I wanted to be after surgery. I lost 65 pounds, but more importantly than that I gained the momentum and a great deal of discipline that has helped me after surgery. I have a confidence that it is ME that's making this happen and not just that I had some magic thing done to me. Looks like you have already begun to make some changes, and good for you. Continue to make more and more. You can do this. Remember, these days of your life are going to happen. Your life does not begin after surgery - you are living it right now.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views