Found my peeps at Support Group tonight

dmhe
on 4/3/13 1:29 pm - TX

I have been going to a support group close to my house.  I liked it ok, but did not really bond with anyone there.  I was going to the one my surgeon does tonight because my sleeve sister was going to be there and I was looking forward to seeing her.  She ended up having to work late and could not make it but I was already close to the meeting and decided to go anyway.

I am so glad that I did.  I found my peeps.  It was like finding a bunch of you guys there.  Ok, there was one of you guys there, but I won't out them!

Anyway, I found so many ladies that were how I wanted to be when I finally hit my goal and maintaining.  I know that some of them followed the same plan most of my OH heroes do.  It was nice to be in a room full of people like me and they were so stinking nice. 

I will be driving to this meeting from now on.  I just felt so much different.

I guess if you don't feel at home at a support group, find another one.  I was so glad that I tried it.

Faye56
on 4/4/13 1:05 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

That is great! What part of Texas do you live in? I am looking for a meeting in the Dallas area.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

AmberK
on 4/4/13 2:42 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Hi Faye! I used Dr.Nick as well.......Do you remember what size bougie he usese? Also, how much did you loose your first year? When did you hit your goal? How have you done maintaing? 

Thanks 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

dmhe
on 4/4/13 3:39 am - TX
I live in Arlington. My surgeon is in Colleyville.

shrinking_sarah
on 4/4/13 2:55 am - CA

That's great!  When I saw your title I was worried this post would be about marshmallow peeps, lol!  A good support group is way better. :)

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

SophieNJ
on 4/4/13 4:56 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

that's great! a whole new batch of wls buddies.....I am going to my first next week...I hope I connect with a peep or two myself!

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views