8 Month Visit -- Wow things are pretty good!

dmhe
on 2/27/13 3:14 am - TX

I actually have lost 22lbs since my last visit, not bad considering I have been nursing my bum knee back to health.  I celebrated by going to the gym and doing 40 mins on the elliptical and some weights!  I talked with my PA for a long time about my issues and my plans to stop myself when I am reaching for the stuff I don't need.  Since I am pretty good about recognizing it and getting back on track, I am going to stay the course for now, but if I see that it is becoming a pattern or I am justifying bad actions, then I will seek out the help of a professional.  It did really help me to say it out loud to someone and it was more like a counceling session than anything.  I was also able to talk to my "sleeve sister" and then helped too.

I am a healthy BMI and they say a model patient!  I know better about the model part, when I am 3 years out and still a normal BMI, then I will agree! I was told I should only lose to 125 or I may get too small and have health issues on the other end of the spectrum.  I am pretty happy with how I look and feel now, so we shall see what I can do.  I really want to have a fit body, not a flabby skinny body.

I will be here daily to cheer you guys on and to get some wisdom for the vets.  It is so hard to believe that only 8 months ago I was almost 100 lbs heavier than I am now.  Oh yeah, on that note, decided to update my start weight on my ticker.  I confirmed my consult weight was 230, 224.2 liquid diet weight and 209.5 surgery weight. 

If you are on the fence, jump over, this is the absolute best thing I have ever done for ME and my family.

This board and the vets are why I am so successful for sure.  I have been following the wisdom of the vets and it has paid off!

My photos are on my profile, never could figure out how to put them here, but I promise I will try to figure it out when I hit goal!

Jackie T.
on 2/27/13 4:01 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

You look great!  You even look a lot happier.  laugh

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Shagdoll
on 2/27/13 5:11 am

I just commented on one of your pics because you are looking great gurl!!!  Normal BMI, whoo hoo!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

dmhe
on 2/27/13 6:29 am - TX
I can't do math only 7 months out!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op