Hiding from you guys...

dmhe
on 2/24/13 11:48 pm - TX
So I have had a bad few days & I noticed I did not get on OH during that time...like anyone would notice!
I noticed I am going back to some old very bad habits. For example, hit my lowest weight & proceeded to self sabotage that very day, WTH? & the next day...taking a food break for a couple of days to slay the carb monster. I see my surgeon on Wed, will seek a recommendation for a therapist that deals with food issues because the further out I get, the more obvious is is becoming that I have more than I want to admit. I will keep you posted!

Keith L.
on 2/24/13 11:56 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Sometimes when you are having those bad days is the best time to get on here. Put whats going on in your head out there. You may not like what you get back but when you put it out there you see it as if someone else wrote it and it gives you perspective. Just get back on track. The therapist is a great idea. In the mean time spend some time reflecting on why you started eating the way you did. The carb monster is in your head and therefore you can control it. In fact it is not even a thing. We try to personify our problems by giving it a name, at the end of the day it still takes some self control to eat properly no matter if you call it the carb monster or Earl.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

dmhe
on 2/25/13 12:45 am - TX

Good call Keith, I shall name him Earl! 

Reflecting...I wanted the sweets & some pretzels (crazy because not a big sweet eater before VSG).  Then I was also a little stressed out about some financial stuff & the dog got trapped in my dauther's bedroom and tore up her carpet (we cannot afford to replace it right now) and then again when I was lonely & could not go to the gym to do cardio because my husband was gone and it too late. I should have just done some arm weights here at the house and found a video on Demand.  Finally working back up to my normal cardio routine since my ACL knee surgery 12/28.  Basically, I was being a big baby.

Earl is not my friend, he did not make me feel better, if anything, he made me feel worse and the guilt of what I had done came back and it was worse.  The great thing about my sleeve is that I did not eat a box of cookies, only 2 servings but not within my calorie range at all.

I will keep working though it, thank you for making me reflect on my poor choices!

Keith L.
on 2/25/13 12:58 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Hmmm Sounds Like LIfe to Me.

Guilt is a useless emotion, it only amplifies the issues that got you to do the wrong thing to begin with. So it sounds like you have some planning to do. First line up some snacks so when you do crack that you are eating something low carb. For crunch a small amount of nuts help a lot. Fresh vegetables too. Some cucumbers with Tzatziki sauce are a great crunchy snack that is low cal, low carb, and high protein. For sweets get some plain greek yogurt and some sugar free preserves from Smuckers. Mix them together and you have a sweet yogurt that satisfies the sweet. For chocolate get some sugar free chocolate pudding or there are a number of sugar free chocolates on the market.

You always need to have a backup plan for eating and exercise. There are so many things that can derail a trip to the gym. Walk around the block, vaccuum your house. Chase the dog for chewing the carpet. Point is if you can't make it to the gym, make something up. Instead of working up to cardio, work up to fat loss, low impact just enough to break a sweat is how you burn fat.

Stress eating is a totally different game. That one is much harder to defeat. But you must find a way otherwise you are set up for failure because stress is not likely to go away. Loneliness, not sure what to say there. You have a dog so I can't use that line.

Sounds like you have some direction, just stick with it. Understand what got you there, and have a plan to deal with them when they come up again, which they will.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Shagdoll
on 2/25/13 12:37 am

You too???  I have done that many a times where I self sabotage when I'm at my lowest weight thinking it's ok to have a nice little cheat day... turns into a cheat few days, even a week sometimes.  This is probably the biggest obstacle I need to overcome.  I can do really good for a long time but then I slip and it causes me to yo-yo & I don't like that at all. 

I think it's great to see a therapist about your food issues.  Maybe I need to practice what I preach?  You are still doing awesome so keep fighting the fight!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Lynnegetsbrave
on 2/25/13 12:40 am

Good for you on seeking out counseling.  You will find it extremely helpful and will guide you on the right path.  It can be a bit of a roller coaster ride though...so buckle up and don't hide...lol~  Now I am going to be looking for your posts.

maggienoella
on 2/25/13 12:56 am
Congrats on realizing this so soon. I gained most of my loss back before I realized there is no quick way to lose & once there, I can't eat everything I want. That's it. I'm an addict & keeping carbs way low is the only way to go forever. At least don't eat trigger foods again.
I started to do that last nite when my dd couldn't sleep. I stopped myself after a couple of bites but still.
Don't beat yourself up. Learning is a life long process.
Nancybefree
on 2/25/13 12:58 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Aw, don't hide.  You are such a sweetheart and such a positive force around here.

Good for you pursuing some talk therapy, which like the sleeve is a tool we can use in our pursuit of good health and good mindset.  Please do keep us posted on how things are going ... and don't hide!! 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views