Who does number 2 work for?

AppyGrl
on 2/6/13 2:39 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Well not me at the moment.  I am coming here for any advice I can get. I have been backed up since Sunday. I have had 2 Miralax ****tails and several stool softeners. I have sent an e-mail to my nurse for advice but the hubs told me to check with everyone to see if there are any ideas that could be of help. So... anyone have an idea to help? 

Oh I am 2 weeks post-op and getting 50-65oz of H2O a day. Not eating much because I feel so uncomfortable. 

Thanks,

Elizabeth

thisbe777
on 2/6/13 2:47 am

aloe vera juice - you get it at the health food store.  i use it for its anti-inflammatory benefits (i have arthritis), but i have noticed that it definitely works on your digestive system -- and fairly quickly after taking it...  one ounce in the morning and 20 minutes later i'm in the bathroom....

warning -- it tastes horrible..  i chase it with a spoonful of peach-mango flavored omega-3....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

AppyGrl
on 2/6/13 2:54 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Thank you, at this point I am willing to try anything. 

Keith L.
on 2/6/13 2:58 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Probiotics work very well but take a couple of days. Back when I had the problem I would put a whole cap full of myralax and take it with a dulcolax stool softener and usually within a couple of hours all was moving nicely. Also Smooth Move Tea works well.

Once you can swallow pills try taking a daily probiotic, it helps with weight loss and keep the gut working nicely and I was up to once a day like normal when I was taking them.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

AppyGrl
on 2/6/13 3:07 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Will try it!

mimij
on 2/6/13 3:46 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Miralax took 4 daily doses before I got results but I use daily or every other day now and I am regular.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 2/6/13 3:51 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Are you on purees yet? Make some vegetable soup and blend it. I was eating veggies and fruit from the get go starting with apple sauce and chicken vegetable soup blended and liquified. I have had a daily BM since 5 days post op until now. No diarhea, no constipation, no stool softeners or Miralax. Low glycemic fruit and a few bites of veggies every day. And decaf protein coffee every morning!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

MeSkinny8
on 2/6/13 4:14 am
VSG on 11/21/12

I have the same issues with impaction.  The pain is more severe than child birth.  My surgeon has me taking 2 tablespoons of mineral oil per day (miralax doesn't help me) and I drink smooth move tea at night.  However, I take milk of magnesia if I haven't had a BM in 3  days.  So, I would suggest Milk of Magnesia at this point.

AppyGrl
on 2/6/13 4:33 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Thanks, the Hubs is bringing home the Milk of Mag afterwork.

hollykim
on 2/6/13 4:15 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

at this point,I would suggest glycerin suppositories. they help to lube from the outside in and let things slip on out,KWIM? that is for the short term. For the long term,you need to find a program that workks for you and use it EVERY DAY. Post VSG,you can't wait to go "naturally",cause you prob are not going to be able to,maybe never again. I am 3 years out on the 18th and I STILL have to use my regular BM program daily.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views