6 Month Plan for Insurance

Melissa B.
on 1/10/13 2:07 am - MA
VSG on 04/24/13

I found out today that my insurance company decided to start a 6 month supervised plan before having a surgeon consult. I am in month 4 today. This pushes things back a little bit but I am just going to keep working at the weight loss and now hoping for a May surgery,

Melissa

Terrimarv
on 1/10/13 2:25 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
Lose all you can now. It will make your surgery safer, give you a head start on losing, and put in place all the healthy habits you will need for success after. Best of luck to you!

jenlaur1
on 1/10/13 3:02 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

It can be pretty disappointing when you are told you have to wait longer for what you want so badly.  In Sept. when I first met my surgeon, he told me I'd be looking at January.  Not so..more like April really.  I've become accustomed to that now, but when I first heard it, I was a bit down about it.  That's all you can do really...is to keep working at what you need to do.  

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

pineview01
on 1/10/13 5:25 am - Davison, MI

I too had to have a 6 month supervised plan be fore I could even get the consult for my sleeve revision.  Even though I was at the surgeons every month for a year with my band.  You would think you don't have a more supervised diet than that.  I was lucky that I had seen my PCP last January and started tracking every thing I ate on CalorieCount.com.  My surgeon took that info and sent it to the insurance.  They took that so, I have been trying to get my band to sleeve revision for a Year.

I would find out ALL the testing you will need and get that out of the way too.  At the 11th hour they wanted a stress test.  (I didn't need anything in September to get the band removed.)  That put me off until the next year. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views