Planet Fitness

Michael L.
on 1/8/13 2:57 pm - Fall River, MA
hey my friends. I belong to a really cool private gym with a pool. At my weight the pool has been so awesome. It's very easy on the joints. Some days it can be tough to get there, its about 30 minutes away.

I saw an internet Ad for planet fitness for 20 bucks a month allowing me to use any location and bring a guest anytime. Its only a few minutes away and open 24hrs.

They have a section of the gym thats a 30 minute circuit workout. A bunch of machines. You do each one for a minute or so then immediately go to a step up station for a minute or so. there is really no rest at all for the entire workout.

I did it for the first time today, it was great.

Anyone familiar with it and tried it or currently doing it?

I'd love your feedback on the results.

Don't forget, my detour giveaway ends in 2 days for 2 full boxes of detour bars. Go enter at www.lessofmike.com Good Luck!!!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

tina-b
on 1/8/13 8:32 pm - NC
VSG on 11/27/12

I've belonged to Planet Fitness for about 9 months.  My membership is only $10/month.  The upgrade if $20/month.  I really like going there.  The staff is great.  I truly is a no judgment zone.  I've done the circuit a few times, but for me I'd rather work out on the machines.  I also love walking on the treadmill.  It's a great deal fro anyone who has one close to them.  It's amazing how many folks are there at 4:45am.

HW: 235  SW: 216

vogue
on 1/8/13 8:54 pm
VSG on 08/30/12

I belong to a MUCH pricier gym located directly across the street from Planet Fitness...  One of my friends goes to Planet Fitness daily and loves it...He is on the $10/month plan ( which I believes limits you to the ONE gym instead of being able to use ANY Planet Fitness location)

The ONLY reason I dont join Planet Fitness is because the gym I belong to has 2 brand new pools and I enjoy water aerobics as well as am taking swimming lessons there....  After the summer, I will likely go the lesser expensive route and join Planet Fitness as well

chanteuse1
on 1/8/13 9:23 pm - LA
VSG on 09/05/12

So glad you asked this question!  I also have a Planet Fitness nearby, but joined a pricier gym for a 3 mos. medical membership as soon as my doc cleared me for exercise.  I have 6 or 7 weeks, left, and then will have to decide whether to stay where I am, or try something else.  I knew the initial investment would be worth it, and I love the gym I am going to, but the price differential is giving me pause.

tripmom02
on 1/8/13 9:27 pm - NJ

My biggest worry with a gym like this is that SO many people use the machines wrong and often times there is no one around to correct you or show you the proper way, this often leads to burn out, working to failure and injury. If you can get someone who knows what they are doing to show you how to use each piece properly and carefully, then I say go for it, but otherwise I would go somewhere they have staff that will show you how to weight train in the proper form.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

angiagee
on 1/8/13 10:32 pm
VSG on 09/11/12

I have 2 memberships, one the YMCA and the other to Planet Fitness. I use both because get something different from both. YMCA I love the pool and the classes.. but I cant and dont want to always swim and do the classes and so on the days I dont want to do that then I go to PF and I love it. I was just there last night. They have the new hydro massage beds and after I worked out I used one of those for the 1st time and it was amazing.. I love the 30 minute workout as well. Planet Fitness is awesome and I love my membership there!!! :)

Michael L.
on 1/8/13 10:34 pm - Fall River, MA
We dont have those hydro beds but that sounds awesome, I joined the 2 for the same reasons.. keep up tbe great work

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Marley M.
on 1/8/13 10:59 pm - Brooklyn, NY
VSG on 07/19/12 with

Mike,

I have two gym memberships, New York Sports Club which has three locations in the Wall Street area that are each three blocks from my office.  I love the gym for Spin, Step, Zumba, Weigh Classes and the sauna and steam rooms, plus towel and laundry service and I get a discount from work.  All three are open from 5:00 a.m. to 10 or 11 p.m. and there is one 20 minutes away from my house.  Having all that, I joined a Planet Fitness which is less than 5 mins from my house.  When I want to do just machines or on the weekends when I don't want to drive 20 mins, I use Planet Fitness.  I have the $10 membership and its worth it.  Sometimes when I don't want to get up and go the NYSC for my 6:45 am spin class, I just hop in the car and go to PF instead.  I'm usually there at 5:00 a.m., and no wait.  Can't beat that.

HW 316 SW 310 GW 170-175                    

Michael L.
on 1/8/13 11:00 pm - Fall River, MA
I have to agree!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Izabelle G.
on 1/8/13 11:34 pm - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12

I have a membership at Planet Fitness because it is literally on the way from work to the babysitter's house. They have a ton of equipment and for a working mom - there are days I just want to get in and out fast.

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 60 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 240 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views