Gained weight 4 years after surgery

carogrl
on 1/2/13 3:06 am - Murrells Inlet, SC
Am I the only one who has gained half the weight back after VSG? I don't know which way to go but I know I am out of control. I lost 70 lbs. & have gained back 38 lbs. I need constructive help and support. Are there others out there like me?
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/13 3:50 am

Yes, there are many people just like you.  I would suggest that you post this on the VSG maintenance group and speak with the VETS that have had to lose the gain and have been successful. The bottom line, is that you need to go back to basics and start journaling your food and eating under 800 or so calories.  They will share strategies as to how to make that happen.  For me, I go back to eating dense protein and veggies more or less exclusively.  I also eat my homemade soup like it's going out of style.  I keep my liquids way up move more. 

RedStar98
on 1/2/13 4:48 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12

Elina,

I'm sure you're asked all the time, where can I find the soup recipe you speak of?  I love soup, and love to try making new ones.  Please share!

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/13 4:50 am

Just go to my profile and it is in the archives.  It has saved me countless times and was my absolute go to food all through weight loss.  I am now committed to loosing about three pounds, and guess what I am going to be eating for the next week.  :)

carogrl
on 1/2/13 9:08 pm - Murrells Inlet, SC
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Your recipes look great.....which soup is your favorite? I am struggling but I WILL get back to where I need to be. My husband is NO help and encourages me to eat more and more bread, pasta, potatoes, etc. of course he is 5'11" and weighs 152-155 lbs. He loves desserts and knows that I am addicted to sweets. He usually has at least 2 desserts every night and keeps a stash of goodies in his night stand to munch on while watching tv. So it will be up to me to say NO to all the bad stuff around my house. I did it before and I can do it again. Thanks again.
slimpickins5280
on 1/2/13 4:06 am - CO

Here's the link:

VSG Maintenance Group

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

carogrl
on 1/2/13 9:09 pm - Murrells Inlet, SC
Thanks for the link....will get on there today.
Keith L.
on 1/2/13 4:10 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Hopefully this will provide some inspiration:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4592828/VSG-is-a-Tool- Just-for-you-Noobz/

You did it once, you can do it again!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

carogrl
on 1/2/13 9:12 pm - Murrells Inlet, SC
Thank you for your help....you are so right....I did it once and I can do it again! This is a tool....unfortunately I misplaced it for a while but I have found it again. : )
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/2/13 4:21 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I am newly sleeved just 3 months ago and it really scares me to read (sadly many) posts like yours. I sincerely hope you will be able to lose again. Can you give words of advice from your regain experience to us newbies as to how to avoid the pitfalls?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views