San Diego Rock and Roll marathon? Who is in?

ashley J.
on 12/26/12 1:54 pm - CA
VSG on 06/25/12

OK, after debating and considering and himm hawwing about it, I think I will go ahead and push myself to do the half marathon.  I live here in San Diego so it is not a big commute.  I haven't really done much 'running' as per the treadmill, but like I put in my blog (http://ashleysweightjourney.blogspot.com/ ) I am giong to try this as one of my goals to be done before my 1 year surgiversary (it will be a couple weeks beforehand).  I am now running on treadmill during gym time instead of just on elliptical to allow me more time running.  I will take some time outside to run as well. 

So my question, I know some are coming to this shindig (I remember someone coming from east coast because her dad is being out here, and from Nor Cal are coming down).  I saw you say you are 'running it together"... are you actually staying as a group (cuz i will probably slow ya'all down) or just running it and meeting up before/after it and knowing there are others in the race that are 'like you' so to speak, you know what i mean?  Just curious.

Where are you planning on staying, and how long?  I would love the opportunity to meet some of you from here :)

HW:315 SurgeryW:297 CurrentW:212.4 GoalW:165**M1:-25  M2:-18 M3: -13.2 M4: -13.8 M5: -4.4  M6: -7.2  M7:-3   M8: -0   M9:   M10:   M11:    1 Year Out: 

Weekly weigh-in numbers located in OH Profile area
 Blog:   http://www.ashleysweightjourney.blogspot.com

Linda B.
on 12/26/12 4:58 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

There are several of us who are going to do it. DH (Mike B) and I are, acbbrown (Alison), Ms Shell, and the lady from the east (can't remember her screen name). Mike's regular running partner is also coming.

Not sure on the hotel yet, but it will most likely be one of the "official" ones because we will need the shuttle service. I'm not sure about everyone else, but we will be down Saturday because we have to attend the expo to get out timing tag and race number. There was a small group that did the rock & roll LA and we all spent some time hanging out before & after. We would love to arrange some time to hang out.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

hrford
on 12/26/12 8:34 pm
VSG on 03/19/12

Head on over the the fitness and exercise board, and you'll find many of the people competing!  I live in DC and I've been thinking of doing a R&R 1/2 here, but it's very pricey so I may just do another lower profile one.  Good luck,  I LOVE doing races, it's such motivation to get your butt out the door especially in the cold weather.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/12 9:43 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

Hey Ashley! I'm the lady from the east coast kiss. Maine specifically. I know I'll be up a few days before and after so I can visit my Dad for a while. I'll probably be staying with him in Coronado. The government puts their naval contractors up in some sweet luxury apartments (because you know luxury condos with daily free happy hours are a vital way to spend our tax dollars, lol). I'll most likely head up to the hotel so I can meet everyone. I can't wait! Mostly because right now I'm staring out my window and all I see is white from the blizzard we're currently having. 

And haha, do NOT worry about slowing me down. I've never run in a race before and I'm just aiming to finish. I'm starting to train at the beginning of the year. I'm hoping to get a 5K done in April and a 10K done in May. 

acbbrown
on 12/26/12 11:28 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Im umm....signed up, but at the rate im going, i'll be damn lucky to even be abe to walk 13 miles by June. 

You can defintely do this. I did the RnR 1/2 in October and I did a 12 week training program (Hal Higdons) and went from barely being able to di a 3-4 mile run to running the full 13 miles. If you keep running consistently from now until beginning of March and build up a solid 3-4 mile base, you can definitely do the training program ( I can send you the schedule if you want it) to get you to the 13 miles. I was completely skeptical about it, but the key is good nutrition, consistency with your running, and REST. 

SIGN UP!! It will be a blast. I cant think of anything more rewarding than the minute I crossed the finish line. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ashley J.
on 12/28/12 6:17 am - CA
VSG on 06/25/12

i would love it!  i got a free app on my ipod but it goes off gps etc so the gym isnt a good measurement with it as it shows i didnt do any distance on app lol

HW:315 SurgeryW:297 CurrentW:212.4 GoalW:165**M1:-25  M2:-18 M3: -13.2 M4: -13.8 M5: -4.4  M6: -7.2  M7:-3   M8: -0   M9:   M10:   M11:    1 Year Out: 

Weekly weigh-in numbers located in OH Profile area
 Blog:   http://www.ashleysweightjourney.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views