I am so Parinoid!

jaycieg
on 11/16/12 12:18 am - UT
VSG on 10/29/12

I can't get it out of my head, but I am so worried that I am not going to lose that the food I am eating is going to make me not lose and I just feel like I am going to do something wrong and blow it! I guess I feel a little lost.

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/16/12 12:41 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
If you follow your surgeon's eating plan your body will have no choice at all other than to give up the fat. It's up to you to follow instructions and not go back to eating junk or grazing, but the typical 6-800 calorie, 70-80 grams of protein plan WILL work for you.

That said, your personal diet history, age, sex, activity level, medical issues etc will be a factor in how quickly you lose. I'm 56, female, mildly active, hypothyroid and was maintaining 270# on 15-1800 calories a day. Of course I'm going to lose slower than a 30 yo male that has a physical job and used to eat 4-5000 calories a day. So? I'm still losing and feel better than I have in a very long time.

Trust the process. Pay close attention to your sleeve. Name it. Make friends with it. It's your new partner in weight loss and WILL help you if you let it.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

MichelleLarra
on 11/16/12 12:43 am - NY

You're not alone I think we all feel that way sometimes.  Do you keep a food log I started doing one in August and while I haven't lost much I really feel it keeps me in control.  What stage are you in? Have you complete all of your pre-op, etc?

jaycieg
on 11/16/12 12:50 am - UT
VSG on 10/29/12

I am in my 3rd week 4 on Monday. I guess i just seem to be tolerating foods really well and that makes me nervous! yesterday I was feeling so hungry! I don't know I just don't want to fail cause I have done that way to many times!

Keith L.
on 11/16/12 1:21 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Its pretty simple math. With a sedentary lifestyle just sitting around you burn about 2200 to 3400 calories in a 24 hours period just living and your body processing "stuff". It takes 3500 calories to create a lb.

If you are sticking to the plan you should be consuming about 600-800 calories. It would take you 5 to 6 days to eat enough to gain a pound. If you don't exercise you should still lose about .5 to 1 lb a day. Now that is an overly simple explanation of how it all works and does not mean you should not exercise because your muscles will shrivel to nothing and your heart would give out in short order, but my point is that with a smaller stomach unless you are eating snickers at every meal and ice cream between meals, you should lose weight.

Don't get me wrong, you can screw it up, you have to stick to the plan your doctor gave you and you do need exercise. Your body needs fiber for elimination, you need water for proper hydration, these are all factors that could contribute to not losing. Not getting enough water will cause you to retain water, retaining water means GAINING weight. 1 gallon of water weighs 6 lbs. If you are only getting 32 oz of water a day and your body starts retaining it in survival mode, in 4 days you could theoretically gain 6 lbs. Exercise mean sweat, sweat means the expulsion of excess water which also cleanses your body of toxins.

Toxicity also plays a role in weight loss. If you are toxic from artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, etc. Your body will be slower to expel the other wastes in your body (i.e. fat). So eating organic and/or washing vegetables well is also helpful. Adding lemon juice to water helps detox efforts, certain herbal teas help too. I am not saying you need to go through any detox program or anything, Small things can yeid big results.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

jaycieg
on 11/16/12 1:26 am - UT
VSG on 10/29/12

Thanks Keith! and everyone else I guess all I can do is my very best!

pineview01
on 11/16/12 8:32 am - Davison, MI

Keith a gallon of water weighs 8.3454 pounds.  I always just figure 8.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Keith L.
on 11/16/12 9:59 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Damn it you are right. It's a gallon of aviation gas that weighs 6 lbs. you answer makes my explanation more dramatic. We make a good team.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views