help

Toni310
on 10/22/12 12:07 am - Toms River, NJ
VSG on 01/22/13
I could really use some help makin my decision my surgery is for nov 6th dependin on my insurance..i am so torn between the bypass or the sleeve..i only kno ppl who have had the bypass all great results..but the sleeve does look so much healthier..i have 4 small children so this concerns me since the bypass has alot of health risks..plz help i need to make my decision by tomorrow.. i am 330 & im hopin to lose 20 lbs..which is better for me..my dr told me do the sleeve n if u dont lose alot of weight u can always do the bypass..im not ok wit hearin that..
LeighAnne89
on 10/22/12 3:09 am - KY
 it is really all up to you I know a woman that had the bypass done and in 6 months she is only down 60 lbs still that is good but I did the sleeve and in 2 and 1/2 months I am down 64 lbs our bodies and body types are all different but with the sleeve you body absorbs the vitamins better both pill form and from foods I am very happy with my sleeve I started out the day of surgery I was 350.9 lbs this morning I was 286.4 lbs so as I said it is up to you but if I had it to do over I would still do the sleeve. wishing you the best of luck.

Linda B.
on 10/22/12 3:26 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Everyone has to make the choice about what is best for them. But I will tell you why I chose the VSG. When I found this forum, I read Frisco's post about pyloric valve function, that sealed the deal for me. I was already planning on the sleeve, DH had already done it and a couple of coworkers as well. But after reading this info, I knew that RNY was not for me. I also know a few people who had RNY who have regained their weight over time. Only 1 has managed to keep it off and she hits the gym for 2 hours every morning. Oh, you should also know that there are several folks on this forum who have lost 200 pounds or more. Best wishes as you make your decision.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views