Lie or no Lie????

autumnM.80
on 10/4/12 10:45 am - Johnson City , NY
So my Dr. Office sent me a paper with my sugery date and time  along with all my post-op appts. However I have not received a approval letter from my insuance? Is this normal? maybe a pre-approval? I still have i montly weigh in. Hmmm so nervous. Oh god ive been so excited I cant imagine if this is not a def Yes
acbbrown
on 10/4/12 10:52 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I'm confused...what do you possibly want to (or not want to) lie about?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

autumnM.80
on 10/4/12 11:11 am - Johnson City , NY
LOL im sorry i guess i should clarify :)  Im wondering if they are lying? how did they provide me with all that information but i have seen no approval letter? Im just wondering if this is normal ?
acbbrown
on 10/4/12 11:18 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Maybe they are familiar with your insurance and pretty much know you'll be approved. I would guess they know at least something more cause...they wouldn't book precious OR time if it was a real possibility it wouldn't be covered. But who knows. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

edelu
on 10/4/12 11:46 am - los angeles, CA
Unfortunately it is normal.  They give you a date and presume the confirmation will come in by then.  I was denied the day before surgery,  We got it sorted in a few hours but i had come into town for my surgery presuming, i was approved...not so much.  But it's normal you still are waiting on your approval but they just go ahead as if it's all done.  So no you're not approved if you haven't heard that news, you're pending.
LDallas
on 10/4/12 8:46 pm
VSG on 10/25/12
Same thing happened to me. About 2 wks later, i got letter from insurance saying i was approved ...for gastric bypass!! So i had to call Excellus..they said it was a generic term "gastric WLS" and yes i am appv for VSG. I'm sch for 10/25. Best luck to you!
charjp
on 10/5/12 12:45 am - galesburg, IL
Same thing happened to me.  Got my surgical date, started 2 week preop diet and then got denied from Blue Cross/Blue Shield Illinois.  Had to postpone surgery. Now scheduled for Oct. 15 and yesterday got a letter from insurance still asking for more info.  So now don't know if Oct. 15 will be a go or not.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views