Half way there!

seekingslimness
on 7/25/12 12:24 pm, edited 7/25/12 12:26 pm
VSG on 02/24/12
I am five months out and it looks like I am half way there to losing half my body weight!  Sometimes I wonder about adjusting my goal as I can't really imagine weighing 150 pounds, sometimes I think 180 sounds more realistic but then again I still have sort of an "open" goal, I don't really know where I want to end up.  I can already tell I will need plastics with my arms I can almost fly!!! Haha.  I am not perfect and I don't eat and exercise perfectly but I definitely have portions under control.  I must be doing something right.  So happy to have had my surgery!!!
   NIKKI

Wiasbeck
on 7/25/12 12:27 pm - NV
1/2 wat! Yay! You're doing something right. If you feel like you can do better in some areas, just keep trying to improve. Thanks for sharing your success with us.
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
Pobearsam7
on 7/25/12 12:40 pm
 Keep it up!!!

Kelly                

AdeanaMarie
on 7/25/12 11:03 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Keep up the great work. You so can make it to goal. I do not know how tall you are, but the goal seems realistic. I am 5' 4" and my goal is 145, though, I am thinking more 135, but not sure if that is feasible. Isn't it funny how we limit our thinking on the number we want to reach? Years ago, when I lost weight I limited my goal to getting under 200. What in the world? Why did I not think I could get below that? Why did my thinking not allow me to believe that I could get to a healthier weight? So, this time, I am not limiting myself. If the ideal weight for my body is 130, then that is my goal. If I am muscular and my ideal weight is 150, then that is the goal. My goal is going to have to be based on my health, BMI and how I look and feel. If I go by the scale, I am just letting gravity have its way with me again. I am done letting gravity be my guide. I am thankful for gravity, but I also know it is not going to dictate who I am anymore.

Best wishes on getting to goal!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

chickerson605
on 7/26/12 4:31 am - La Vergne, TN
That is awesome!!! I'm celebrating with you. I know you must be just so excited.

Bless you bunches
Carolyn

tripmom02
on 7/26/12 4:35 am - NJ
 How tall are you? I originally set my goal for 180 b/c I could not imagin being 150, but once I got to 180 I KNEW I could do it. I like to stay between 150 and 153, it's where I like myself best. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

seekingslimness
on 7/26/12 8:01 am
VSG on 02/24/12
I'm 5'6.  I almost can't imagine being under 200 since I literally can't remember weighing less than 210, so 150 just sounds unbelievable, but I don't want to sell myself short either.
   NIKKI

tripmom02
on 7/26/12 8:07 am - NJ
 I am only about an inch taller, you can totally do it! I remember thinking that if I ever got into a size 12 I would be happy and felt like it would never happen, but here I sit in a size 6/8! You can totally do it, you might have to get stricter about sticking to plan and exercising, but it is totally attainable! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views