Grocery List Help Please

clubnewyou
on 6/26/12 10:26 am - TN
Surgery Date is July 9th  what suggestions do any have on what to pick up now that will be helpful here is my list so far let me know of ANY suggestions. Thanks in advance.

S/F Jello
S/F Popsicles
Yougurt
Whey Protien
Beef Broth
Chicken Broth
Small Plates
Food Thermometer
Coffee Singles
Sweet N Low

Lisa S.
on 6/26/12 11:08 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
My surgery is July 9th too!! Woo Hoo!!! I got baby spoons and the real small rubbermaid containers (1/4c size I think). Food scale or good set of measuring cups is a good recommend. Maybe powerade zero or sf gatorade or pedialyte for the first few days so you don't get dehydrated. Umm...I sure others will chime in too. Be blessed!! Keep us posted.

clubnewyou
on 6/26/12 11:11 am - TN
thanks i appreciate the help. just wrote all that on my list.
savaughn87
on 6/26/12 12:24 pm - IL
VSG on 06/21/12
I got some of those refillable drinking bottles with the stick you can put in the freezer to keep your drink chilled while you sip.

I also recommend a thing called a blender ball. It is a shaker for your protein drinks that has a ball in it that acts like a wire whisk and blends the powder very nicely. I got mine at Target! 

I agree with the glad or rubbermaid 1/4c (4oz) containers. Very easy to make jello and portion it in the cups. I'm not to full liquids yet, but I will use them for yogurt, soup, etc.

I also bought truvia instead of sweet n low. Preference thing probably, but I didn't care for the slight after taste of sweet n low after surgery.

My surgeon said we could have tea too, check with yours and if so, add that! 
 *Samantha*

Anne D.
on 6/26/12 2:25 pm
I couldn't stand anything sweet after surgery. Eventually you will need a food scale. Chicken broth is good. Maybe some unflavored protein, or samples of different kinds. Plain yogurt if you like it, you can mix it with protein powder, instead of the yogurt with fake sweeteners.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views