Does anyone have an Opinion on It Works Protein Shakes?

Brittany R.
on 6/23/12 12:47 am

Hey Guys,

I am on my 90 day required Nutrition Program and will be finished August 15th and looking at a surgery date the beginning of September. I have a very hard time with different textures and this is making it hard for me to find protein shakes that I can stomach. I already know that Vanilla is pretty much my only option considering I don't like Chocolate and the fruit flavored shakes make me sick.

I recently came across some products called It Works and even attended a home party. Their protein shakes were very good and they claim they work great. Can anyone give me any insight on them, I don't want to spend the $60 for them if the protein isn't high enough. What are your thoughts?                      

-Katherine

njhanibal
on 6/23/12 2:35 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
What flavors do you like? Look at flavored powder drink pouches and syrups, all sugar-free of course. Or any sugar-free drink that you like, freeze it into ice cubes as well as frozen fruits (not fruit flavors), since you're pre-op. As for the protein, mix it with a warm liquid of your choice, not to exceed 130 degrees, until you have a smooth mixture, then mix it with the frozen fruits, cubes or flavors above. Smoothies and shakes......

Brittany R.
on 6/23/12 10:50 am
Vanilla, I thought I would like Strawberry but it just made me sick...
Diana M.
on 6/23/12 2:39 am - TX
VSG on 07/12/12
Is this the stuff you're talking about?

https://workstation.myitworks.com/FileUploads/DocumentLibrary/Documents/Product%20Information%20Sheet%20%20Ultimate%20ProFIT%20Creamy%20Vanilla.pdf

I found the nutrition information at that link and it shows 14g of protein for each scoop. To get 70g of protein in a day, you'd have to drink 5 of them, which would equal 500 calories (at 100 per serving).

That's the math, I'll let the vets weigh in on the value of the protein to calorie ratio.

Oh, and it's 5 carbs per serving...I'm sure everyone will want to know that, too
Brittany R.
on 6/23/12 10:49 am
Thanks for the input, I'm so new to the protein shakes and trying to get used to things before surgery.
AnnMarie
on 6/23/12 10:54 am
VSG on 04/10/12
You might want to invest in some sample packets from the different companies....personally, I drink an Unjury chicken soup (protein) drink with two added scoops of Beneprotein each morning, it's not sweet, the texture is smooth and it provides me with 33g of protein, a carb and 140 calories.
You just have to find what works for you Beneprotein is almost flavorless and is ALL protein. Let us know what you come up with

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views