Up 5 pounds.. sigh

kahlana
on 4/30/12 11:38 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
So last week my nutritionist says she wants me doing 3 protein shakes a day since i am working out 6 days a week. Since i have been doing that I have gained 5 pounds. i am praying it's muscle. Seeing the scale go up is frightening. So far still in the same size clothes although they are fitting a bit looser. had to tighten up the drawstring on my yoga pants this morning.

Sometimes it feels like trying to live by the rules is a never ending struggle.

My Blog My Facebook

TonjaTLC
on 4/30/12 11:49 pm - Southlake, TX
 Your doing great.... The weight will fall off in no time!!!
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
melly37
on 4/30/12 11:49 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
That would be scary and frustrating.  I just purchased an inexpensive scale at Bed Bath and Beyond that measures water, fat and muscle percentages.  I am hoping that when I start back at the gym this week, I can tell if I am gaining muscle or fat when I see the scale go up.  Keep up the great work!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Chanciekd
on 5/1/12 12:18 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
You are really doing great!   Keep up the good work.
hwag5149
on 5/1/12 12:24 am
If your clothes are fitting looser you shouldn't be paying attention to the number on the scale.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

slimpickins5280
on 5/1/12 12:29 am - CO
Measure your inches. IMO, those of use who've chosen to exercise a lot need to measure inches on a regular basis.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/12 4:15 am
Think scientifically..... have you consumed and extra 17,500 calories in the last week? If not, you didn't gain 5 pounds of fat or muscle.

Most likely what is happening is that you have increased fluid retention due to the work outs. When you tax your muscles they must retain fluid to repair. That is why I was told to increase my water to about 100 oz a day on the days I work out. The more you supply the body with water the less inclined the body is to retain it for future use. As long as you provide a constant supply of water the body won't hoard it!

Try upping your fluid intake considerably. It should really help.
kahlana
on 5/2/12 11:40 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Now I remember why I come and hang out here when I can. You guys all rock so much thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes it feels like there are so many ups and downs with this whole process... and im not talking about just the pounds either. Having people around to help keep my head on straight is the biggest encouragement! Thanks y''all!!!!!

My Blog My Facebook

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views