Specific Needs Calorie counting websites and/or apps

Bellerose
on 4/24/12 9:36 am
Fitbit, My Fitness Pal, Sparkpeople, etc... I'm looking for one that can do all of these things:

1) track foods by:
     a) calories
     b) protein
     c) carbs
     d) fat

2) be able to adjust goal/maximum numbers of the above items to bariatric needs, such as 600-800 calories instead of what is recommended for a person of a particular gender/weight/height/activity level.

3) can sync with website and smartphone app

Is there one that can do all these things?

Peace!
Dolores

EliseG
on 4/24/12 9:37 am - MA
I am pre-op, but have been using My Fitness Pal to track all those things. I just don't pay attention to the goals they set up for me, just stick to my pre-op plan.

Elaine2
on 4/24/12 9:55 am - Atlanta, GA
Elise--
Just an FYI---you can go in and customize your goals. You don't have to keep the ones that are preset.

Love MFP---only weird thing is exercise tracking----the calories burned pushes up your nutrituin numbers for the day.  If you don't want that to happen---enter 1 for exercise cals burned.

EliseG
on 4/24/12 10:56 am - MA
Thank you! I will have to check that out I had no idea

jennygalthin n
on 4/24/12 9:39 am
i use bodybugg.com .... purchased my on line

tall_not_venti
on 4/24/12 10:17 am
VSG on 02/23/12
Mfp, I have my protein, carb and calorie counts set where I need them. I couldn't adjust the goals from my phone, had to access the site from Mt computer, but corrected goals sync with my phone fine
Bellerose
on 4/24/12 11:04 am
Oh, thank you all.  I will check out MFP online and see how the numbers can be programmed.  -Thanks!

Peace!
Dolores

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views