Formal thanks to Frisco, Elina, and Diane S

ruggie
on 4/21/12 9:18 am - Sacramento, CA
So I hit my weight goal a while back -

and I was talking to my support group about it today and mentioning the people that helped me along my journey - this crazy WLS journey that is so different and unique to all of us.  And I realized that I forgot to call out these people for taking so much personal time to help me along - these people that reach out to newbies again and again to offer their love, support, and guidance.

While many people gave me great advice (too many to list here!), there's three in particular I want to call out too.  They all three just happen to be surgery brothers/sisters; we've all been cut up by the same surgeon.

During my weight loss phase, the strategy I received from Frisco was indispensible - I hope that if he takes the time to personally write or respond to any of you, that you take his advice to heart.  He's not always going to sugar-coat something, but he will tell you what the truth is, and will tell you how to succeed.  Also during weight-loss, I received a lot of love and encouragement from Elina.  She is an amazing woman and freely shares some of the embarassment and pain we all had in pre-op life, and she can really teach you how to turn a mistake into a brilliant learning experience that makes you stronger.

Finally, I'd also like to recognize Diane S., who runs the VSG maintenance group.  Transitioning into maintenance was a bit hard for me, trying to reprogram myself to eat more (!?) but still to maintain my healthy eating habits - it was tough with all the emotional fear I had about regaining.  But Diane helped me through the process a lot, and I'm thankful. 

There have been many, many others that have helped me too like MacMadame, Kairk, JimboVSG, roundater, ACBbrown, Birdie55, USAF Wife, Ms. Poker Face, Mom4Jazz, TripMom02, Happy966, LAnunes, Pkrplyr777, Kahlana, Meltrace, Doggz109, MikeyMike, hwag5149, GAfromVA, sleeved2bfree, and many, many many others.  

Thank you all, but especially thanks Frisco, Elina, and Diane.  I'm not sure I'd be sitting here at 100% excess weight loss without you guys.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

LeahBea
on 4/21/12 9:32 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
 Amen!

Leah

kg34
on 4/21/12 9:34 am - AL
So well put.  No one should go through this journey alone.  There are so many people ready to help.
The ones you names especially, and many others have provided guidance, insight and solutions to many issues that have come up.

HW 243  5'5"       Pre-op - 207,  Surgery Weight 197 - 12/19/11
Ms. Poker Face
on 4/21/12 9:42 am
Ditto!  And right back at you!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

ruggie
on 4/21/12 9:46 am - Sacramento, CA
I see you at your hot and sexy goal weight ;)

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/12 10:08 am
;-)
What a great tribute to all three vets and the wonderful support they offer so many of us!
I was just thinking about Frisco and his direct approach to VSG today! The man's words are often with me. His advice is spot on and has never failed me.
ruggie
on 4/21/12 10:11 am - Sacramento, CA
Ditto.

P.S.  We need to shop again!

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/12 10:16 am
Whatchya doing next Saturday afternoon? I am seriously wearing designs by LL Bean's tent makers!

Though, I gotta brag..... I went to Kmart to pick up some transitional shorts last night and f'ing fit into a pair of 32" jean shorts! Still doing the happy dance today!
ruggie
on 4/21/12 10:20 am - Sacramento, CA
Let's make plans?  (I signed up for some Vacaville outlet coupons thingy). 

Isn't life amazing?!?!  I'm wearing size 30 levi cargo shorts (but size 31 levi long pants - go figure???) 

I used to think - how mind boggling would it be if I could wear size 34 pants LOL

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/12 10:46 am
Okay. Next Saturday afternoon is dedicated to shopping! Want to go back to the outlets? I'm game.

Ah man, you're in my dream size pants! I was saying yesterday that wouldn't it be cool to fit into 32s - I'd be so good with that if that's as small as I ever got -  and now I do, but I still want those 30 and 31s! LOL!

Need to talk PS, too. It's becoming clear I will most likely need skin removal and lift or something. Would love to hear about what you've learned.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views