SLEEVED AND HOME

autismx3
on 4/15/12 5:52 am - Rockaway, NJ
VSG on 04/09/12
Hi Everyone,

I'm home.  I was sleeved on Monday the 9th at 9am, all apparently went well.  The pain was tough, especially the stomach spasms (I don't recall hearing anything about those).  I had little if any nausea.  I should have come home on Tuesday, but they hadn't given me any meds by mouth and weren't sure if I would tolerate them.  I did fine, I was home by 5 Wednesday.

I was very excited to sleep in my own bed but did not anticipate how painful that would be so I slept in my recliner for a few nights.  I have 5 incisions, the most painful is the largest one where they pulled my stomach through under my left breast.

I'm on full liquids and down 10lbs since surgery.  I sing and I have sung all the masses this weekend, breathing is a little off, but getting better.  I'm debating on whether I am going to work tomorrow, maybe I'll try a half day and see how it goes.

I hope all that were sleeved the same day are doing well.

All my best
Beth Anne

goingforit1
on 4/15/12 6:04 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
congrats on being sleeved!!!!!!!!!!!! My incisions were a bit sore for a while too but just know that this will pass and the memories are going to fade FAST!

I'd definitely try a half day first and see how you do. Most of all you need to rest often and keep hydrated.
clubnewyou
on 4/15/12 6:09 am - TN
Congratulations and I am pretty sure it can only get better from here....My day is slowly approaching and I appreciate the info on the stomach spasms. Take care and dont rush back to work too soon.
HowieG
on 4/15/12 6:14 am
VSG on 03/28/12
Very definitely do not rush back. I was given two weeks off. I could have gone back after a week but I am so glad I didn't. Take time to rest now, you won't get these restful days back
To infinity and beyond - I have an ongoing blog Pre -> Post - Feel free to drop in 
                                  http://howiegordonadaped.blogspot.com/ 

Shagdoll
on 4/15/12 6:25 am
Oh Anne, do you have to go back to work so soon? I would take another week off if possible just to feel a little bit more back to normal. Sounds like you are doing pretty good though. Congratulations on being sleeved. Best of luck to you!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

rarejem
on 4/15/12 12:20 pm - WA
VSG on 04/09/12
Congratulations!  I too was sleeved on the 9th. Not sure I could have handled the getting up and down in church today. I've been doing great except for the pain across my stomach getting in and out of chairs and bed. Are you experiencing any of that?  Do you still have stiches or staples? Mine come out tomorrow. Even if I didn't have them, I would give myself the 2nd week off just to make sure I can handle the day to day at home before tackling work. (I'm self employeed, so I don't get sick pay). Ths is my busy season, but I'll catch up eventually and I'm sure your office will manage one more week. They'll just appreciate you more when you get back.

HW:265, GW:165  CW: 164 Goal reached in 7 months.  

autismx3
on 4/18/12 9:35 pm - Rockaway, NJ
VSG on 04/09/12
My office is great, they were not happy that I came in on Monday (or Tuesday).  I don't think I have staples, it looks like glue.  I hope you are ding well, keep me posted.

Thanks for reaching out to me.

Beth Anne

chitownhoyos
on 4/16/12 2:33 am - IL
I also was sleeved on the 9th, everything went well. At this point I havent had to take any pain meds for three days now. I had the single incision. I think the worst thing for me is the gas and trying to get the mucus out. I dont know about anyone else but I was so afraid to cough. My breathing is ok. Does anyone else feel like they have a weight on their chest when they wake up. I never slept on my back before this so it is a little strange.

autismx3
on 4/18/12 9:31 pm - Rockaway, NJ
VSG on 04/09/12
Thanks for posting everyone,

I messed up, I went back to work on Monday (no work, no pay).  I felt fine, sore but managable. Driving however was horrible.  FYI I'm seeing the surgeon today (4/19) for my follow-up.  I did ok at work.  Tuesday I didn't feel that great and wasn't sure if I was going in, I did felt much worse and came home.  My office is awesome and didn't expect me back yet it was all ME.

I know, I'm stupid.  I will let you know what the doctor says, I would  think he would clear me.

I still see a big difference in my breathing, but they said my lungs were clear.  I just hear some funny sounds.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Beth Anne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views