Staying motivated

kahlana
on 4/12/12 1:49 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I have to say having someone rely on me to help them with their own weight loss has been a real motivator for me to keep my own **** together. I have a friend coming over everyday but Saturday to work out with me. We are hunting down healthy recipes we can feed not just ourselves but our families, doing menu plans and the shopping for those plans together and basically just encouraging each other to keep on trucking.
My friend hasnt had weight loss surgery, she just wants to lose her extra  pounds and get back to healthy. When we talked this morning I warned her not to compare her weight loss to mine because I have help with mine through my VSG. She said she has learned more in one hour of talking to me about nutrition that she has in years of going to her doctor. (That's no big secret though right? lol) I gave her some goals of cutting carbs down and adding in more protien, adding more water and ditching the sodas and chips. And mainly told her to load up on all the veggies she can handle when she gets the nibbles.
Saturday is our rest day since she has small kids and I have my step kiddo every other Saturday so we wont meet for working out but that is also the day that we do our meal prep for the upcoming week.
we call or text each other if the chocolate monster is hanging off our backs, the hubsters decide to cook their favorite foods that are high in all the yucky stuff thats going to kick our diets in the can and just basically doing our best to keep each other going when we would really rather sleep in.
The best thing I could do for myself at this stage of my transformation was add a workout buddy/first life coaching client. I am stoked for both of our success!

My Blog My Facebook

Shagdoll
on 4/12/12 2:08 pm
You are doing awesome gurl, I just wanted to tell you that!
melly37
on 4/12/12 2:14 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
That's awesome!!  It's so nice to have that extra motivation, for both of you!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

loverofcats
on 4/12/12 2:21 pm
What a wonderful story. Support is so vital to our success. You are very fortunate to have found a partner in this journey. It is wonderful for the two of you. Good for you!!!

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Jeanne T.
on 4/12/12 9:33 pm
It's so important to have the support of friends and family.  And it is great to have a workout friend.  Glad you are doing so welll and passing it forward.

Jeanne

kahlana
on 4/13/12 6:27 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Thanks for the encouraging words all! They are so gratefully appreciated! And this post inspired this morning's vlog too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19w5PaHL9tg&feature=g-upl&context=G2b4264cAUAAAAAAAAAA

My Blog My Facebook

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views