Surgeon's office not responding

autismx3
on 3/8/12 9:34 am - Rockaway, NJ
VSG on 04/09/12
Hi Everyone,

So here it is in a nutshell.  My surgeon's office gave me a date of April 9th, so excited. Called United Healthcare to see about the situation, and hopefully find out I'm approved.  To my surprise they have no information from the surgeon. OMG!!!!! Really.  I call the surgeon's office and leave a very polite message on Monday.  No response.  So now I'm starting to get very upset.  If I had 3 typical developing children it would be difficult as you all know scheduling something for yourself.  But when you have 3 Autistic children, 2 with secondary disabilities, (enormous anxiety and oppositional defiant disorder) it's crazy to do anything for yourself because of all the other therapies and such.

So I call on Wednesday and speak to the receptionist, and I explain it's a little more involved to schedule my life, she says she will talk to the surgical scheduler.  It's Thursday night and no word. UGHHHHHHH. I'm sorry I'm rambling, I just really to nail this date down. I have Easter, IEP meetings, behaviorists, Occupational therapist, speech therapist, 2 class trips (I need to be with the child in order for him to go) and homework.

I quit smoking cold turkey January 13 and I feel like I'm getting fatter.  I just want this done.  What if they come back, and say they need more information.   My BMI is 40 and that's all I need to be approved with no comorbids (so says the plan).  So w
worried

Jennifer B.
on 3/8/12 11:50 am - GA
VSG on 04/13/12
 I personally wouldn't want an office that wont call back to be the group responsible for my surgery. If you cant count on them now what will you do if you need them after the surgery? If i were you I would go in person tomorrow and get the answers your looking for! Don't give up and stick with it even if you need to find someone else to operate who will actually take your feelings and schedule into consideration. Good luck. Keep us posted!
bigtigger1010
on 3/8/12 12:18 pm - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
OMG! how frustrating... i deff would be in their watiing rm staring at them til it's handled! that's just crazy... hope they get it straightened out soon!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

rarejem
on 3/8/12 12:37 pm - WA
VSG on 04/09/12
My surgeon gave me the very same day! I too am having a bit of a challange with them getting my pre-authorization off to Regence. I've been told more than once in the past weeks that it would go out that week. That includes last week.  I also have more than the average preparations to make. I have RA and I need to stop taking some of my meds more than two weeks before the surgery.  If it gets postponed, I don't want to be in pain from it any longer than necessary.  I have a concierege at Regence that looks after my things and as of this morning she hadn't seen anything. So I called the doctor office and asked if it had been sent. I was told it had and then I asked when? They said today! 

Now, I understand that they may need to be appealing decisions for folks scheduled before me, but don't keep telling me that you're sending it when you know good and well that you won't get it out by that date.

I'm concered too. Hopefully, Regence will have everything they need. My BMI is around 35 and I do have comorbidities. It's been an interesting journey. I had my bloodwork done 3 weeks ago and they found additional issues. I now get to see an onocologist/hemotologist tomorrow. Yugh!

I'll keep you in my prayers and how about us April 9th folks stay in touch?

HW:265, GW:165  CW: 164 Goal reached in 7 months.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views