New and Looking for Support

autismx3
on 3/3/12 4:39 am - Rockaway, NJ
VSG on 04/09/12
Hi Everyone, I am so very excited to be having this surgery. So far the date is April 9th, still waiting for insurance approval.  But like so many afraid of failure.  My life is crazy to say the least, and I am a stress eater.  My worry is that because my stress will never go away, will I lose the weight.  I am determined to work hard, I know this is a tool and not the be all and end all.

I am happy married to the most amazing man for 16 yrs. yesterday.  We have 3 beautiful sons (15 yrs, 13 1/2 & 13 1/2), but they happen to ALL  be Autistic (stress).  I really need to be successful for me and for them.  I want them to be proud of me.  Not many people are for me having this procedure, but my husband is and that's all that counts.  I just want it now.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself.  Hopefully I can make some friends. Oh we live in NJ and Dr. Gritsus is doing my procedure.

I look forward to hearing from someone.
Thanks for listening.

melz1974
on 3/3/12 4:46 am
VSG on 07/10/12
Welcome!!  I'm new here too.  I have my first appointment with the surgeon on March 15th and I'm hoping to get VSG.  I'm excited for you that you've already got a surgery date.  It took over a month for me to just get into the surgeon's office for the initial consult. 

As far as being a stress eater goes.  I completely understand.  I'll tell you something that my friends always tell me.  "The best way to care for your kids is to care for their mom so she'll be around a long time." 

Hope your surgery goes well!! 
Sara M.
on 3/3/12 4:47 am - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
Hi!

I too have a child with Autism and another with ADHD/Anxiety. 

There are so many wonderful people here that are so helpful and supportive.  I came here for that because my daily life is consumed with the stress that having children with special needs brings.  There are days when I am surprised that I have any hair left on my head!

I too am worried about failure, but I am (and you are) taking the right steps to help ourselves and our families!

WE CAN DO IT!

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
MelissaMommyto5
on 3/3/12 5:52 am
VSG on 02/16/12
Sara...one of my twins (6.5 yrs old) has been diagnosed with ADHD/Anxiety too...it was just a few months ago so I'm feeling like a fish out of water on how to help her with the anxiety part anyways.  I'd love to hear what you're doing to help your child & any 'must knows" that you've figured out that help them. 

autismx3
on 3/6/12 8:11 pm - Rockaway, NJ
VSG on 04/09/12
 Thanks for your response.  How are you feeling. I hope you are doing well. How's the family managing.  (the question mark on my computer doesn't work).

I look forward to hearing from you when you are up to it.

Beth Anne

kahlana
on 3/3/12 4:56 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Hi and welcome! Glad to meet you! I have a child with bipolar and ADHD! Even though he is an adult now and just made me a g-mom it's still very hard to be a parent to a special needs kiddo and for you to have 3 with special needs has to be even tougher. This board is the most amazing place. People are so supportive here!! You have lots of other cheerleaders in your corner now!

My Blog My Facebook

ladyday
on 3/3/12 4:58 am
VSG on 02/15/12
Hi,
I just had my surgery on 2/15/12 and I worried daily about if I am going to loose the weight that I want to loose. But you know what? As the days pass the worry decreases. My first week post op, I lost 15 pounds and this week Wednesday I have a 3 week post op appointment but according to my scale this morning, I am down 22 pounds. Make sure to follow your doctors instructions to the letter and the weight will come off...NO WORRIES. Kee yourself hydrated and take your vitamins so that you can keep up your energy for yourself and your family. There were a few days that I didn't get enough water and I was exhausted the next day. I have 5 kids  (19, 17, 5, 3 and 2).  They keep me on my toes from college, entering college, kindergarten, pre school to dependable babysitter.
I'm in NY near Mahwah, NJ....Keep in touch and good luck . 

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/3/12 5:20 am
Welcome!!  Here is some newbie VSG info:

http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com/

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Phatchick
on 3/3/12 5:40 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi and Welcome!

I have an adult daughter with ADHD and Borderline Personality.

I have been approved for the sleevesurgery and am waiting to get the date. I am praying it is this month.

I am sure being in this forum and reading  theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com  daily are giving me the tools i need to be successful after I am sleeved. I am not allowing myself to have any doubts or negative thoughts about this journey. I am hopeful and marching toward this goal of finally winning the battle of the bulge.

Look forward to sharing the journey with you.

Sharon

jwin
on 3/3/12 5:57 am
VSG on 06/26/12
Welcome,
I am also new the OH.  As with you, I am hoping to have VSG as soon as I am approved.  I just started the information gathering process and I am hoping it will take weeks instead of months to get approved.  The information and support from this forum is fantastic.  I know you will do well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views