Will I ALWAYS be the Fat one ??!?!?

tdjf_3
on 12/30/11 11:39 am
Please don't think for a minute I regret who I was because being who I was has helped shape who I am BUT..... Will I always be introduced to people as Tammy Oh she had WLS ??? !!! WTCrap. My Aunt does this to me all the time & did it tonight at my nieces bday party. My sister does it too can someone please explain to me why it is important for people to know within the first 30 second of meeting me that I had WLS. I don't mind talking to people about but could we let it wait until I've known them at least 5 minutes Just Sayin'
Sorry for the grip but know one else seems to get it

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
trayb17
on 12/30/11 11:48 am
VSG on 01/05/12
I think that is so rude! Have you you tried talking to your sister and aunt to let them know how this makes you feel? It should be solely your decision to discuss your surgery!
tdjf_3
on 12/30/11 11:52 am
It is partly due to jealous, on the part of my aunt she would love to have the surgery but can't and my sister has always felt like she had to put me down to make herself feel better and Yes I've told them I'd rather be the one to share that part of my life IF they don't mind but it doesn't seem to matter

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
edelu
on 12/30/11 1:25 pm, edited 12/30/11 1:27 pm - los angeles, CA
Hope you don't have any relatives who've had cancer, syphilis or erectile dysfunction.
Crunchy As Can Be
on 12/30/11 6:54 pm - NY
 ~~Emily~~

ruggie
on 12/30/11 11:55 am, edited 12/29/11 11:56 pm - Sacramento, CA
Tell (demand) your family members to quit doing them. Instruct them to respect your wishes or you'll stop [whatever, attending or such]. Put your foot down.

I'm bold, so I would actually say in realtime "That's not the proper way to introduce me. For instance, I don't say, here's Paul, he cheated on wife, or here's Aunt Selma, she's had a full hysterectomy."

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

sunnymicki
on 12/30/11 1:21 pm
I like this answer!  If your rude relatives get called out on their bad behavior in public, I bet they'll think twice about ever doing it again.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

LoveLee07
on 12/30/11 1:22 pm - Hampton, GA
 LMBOROTF that is hilarious and soooooooo sooo true!!! wow i had to comment!
cdavis21
on 12/30/11 1:41 pm - SC
LOL! I absolutely agree! I'm sorry, OP, that would be really annoying. :(

MutteringDuck
on 12/31/11 2:05 am - CT
 bwahahahaha!  i love it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views